Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
dranner123
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Bold 9700 email/BBM/internet will not work - no solutions?

Hi all,

It's been a couple of days now since my BBM, internet, and emails have stopped working. My bbm messages stay on the timer while sending, but as far as I know I still receive them, just really delayed timing.

My internet 'requests' for a couple of minutes then times out and fails whenever I want to connect to a website such as youtube or facebook home page.

I cannot receive emails from my hotmail/gmail (they usually redirect themselves to my BB, but have stopped)

I have a perfect amount of signal as I usually do, and I also connect to wi-fi at home and still none of these things work.

I've tried the Host Routing Tables thing and Service Data, and the battery pull MANY times! Ringing up blackberry/orange will be a nightmare I imagine so I'd really appreciate any possible solutions on here.

I've been told to do the Host Routing Tables thing (which I can do), then send my service data (which I CAN'T do as I can't connect to the internet so it times out) and then do a simple battery pull with the phone on.

I'm getting really annoyed as my blackberry has had reoccuring problems since I got it about a year back.

I appreciate any help given. Thanks in advance.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Bold 9700 email/BBM/internet will not work - no solutions?

Do you have full data service on the device? What does the signal say? edge? EDGE? 3g? 3G? gprs? GPRS? If your data is in lower case then you have no data service.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
FOIA_Gras
My Device: Bold 9930

Re: Bold 9700 email/BBM/internet will not work - no solutions?

Call your service provider.  I had the browser go south on my 9700 and the T-Mobile support desk was able to reset something remotely to get it restarted.  It took some time on the phone with the rep but was worth the time spent.