Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange

Bold 9700 keypad does not work! complete freez!

My bold 9700 stopped working for no reason! The keypad stoped working all of a sudden. I cannot type in my pin, the trackpad doesn't function, the unclock button on top doesn't work and after a few seconds the screen goes black and the only way to bring the light back on is to either connect it to my laptop via USB which will show the clock and once the USB is removed I get the home screen but cannot do anything there again; or i have to remove the battery and reboot but again I would get the black acreen and the cycle would continue.

My email, text messages, missed calls, facebook notifications and all come thru alright and the red light flashes to indicate this and I get the little sign on top of home screen but cannot access anything as the keypad and the trackpad are both completely non-responsive.

I called my mobile from a landline but again i cannot accept the call as pressing the green call button or any other key for that matter doesn't work.

I could access the device via the BB desktop software and have backedup and updated the firmware (i was using the most uptodate version untile now without any problems) .

The phone has not gotten wet and hasn't been in any damp environment. I haven't got any dodgy apps or security issues for instance as aresult of opening sapm etc.

Please help!!

New Contributor

Re: Bold 9700 keypad does not work! complete freez!

Anyone?

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9700 os 6.0.0.706
My Carrier: Indosat

do u use original theme bb?

try to restart ur phone, while the phone restarting try to pres alt button, if u can see logo alt in top rigt of corrner ur screen then the problem come from ur themes or apps.

if u can't see logo alt that mean ur keypad or trackpad are dead

New Contributor

klabang wrote:

do u use original theme bb?

try to restart ur phone, while the phone restarting try to pres alt button, if u can see logo alt in top rigt of corrner ur screen then the problem come from ur themes or apps.

if u can't see logo alt that mean ur keypad or trackpad are dead

I tried this and yes alt does appear on the top right corner of the screen. what now?

The phone worked for 3 minutes this morning to make a call but shortly after the keypad dropped dead again.

Any other suggestions??

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9700 os 6.0.0.706
My Carrier: Indosat

try to remove all theme use bbsak or blackberry master control program

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: t-mobile

im having the exact same problem and i have no idea what to do
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: TMO

SOLVED!  After 2 days of re-boots, re-loading the OS, combing thru forums and over an hour on tech support, I finally figured it out.  Tech @TMO threw in the towel and said I needed a new phone, but -sorry - you're a month past the warranty.  So I have nothing to lose, and gave it a WHACK!....and it works fine.

After all that. 

Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: sun cellular

the same thing happened to my phone...what do I need to do? can you please help me Smiley Sad

Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry - Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

I had this keypad lock out problem too.  I held my alt key durring a hard boot up and it fixed it. I also went back to the default theme. Amazing because I thought my phone was shot and I don't have insurance, warranty is up! Whew! Big releaf. 

My Device: BOLD 9700
My Carrier: 9700

[ Edited ]

hai  

iam venu from india

i also had same problem 

please tell me how to slove it

i tride all of above but not working