Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
ClaireV
My Device: 9900 Bold smartphone
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Bold 9700 not recognized by Desktop Manager

Thanks for your persistence! The solution "The BlackBerry smartphone is not detected as a USB Mass Storage Device when connected to a computer" has done the trick"  Thanks again. Claire

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
merlin36
My Device: Curve 9700
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Hello Forum I have specifically joined to clear this problem with the desktop manager not connecting to a Bold 9700. But in my case it connected fine up until April 1st and only since that date has it failed to connect with an error message stating "Blackberry desktop software cannot communicate with the connected device" and offers retry - doesnt work - update - software eventually updated to latest desktop software v6.02.42 released April 13th, but still does not work.  Device software is also up to date and unaltered since April 1st  - version 6.0 bundle 1879.

This message appears after the prompt to enter the device password so I assume the device is being seen OK through the USB port which is a main port and in any case is the port used without problem prior to April 1st.

No changes to device the connection just appears to have decided to stop working.

I should appreciate some advice if anyone can help please.

Thanks

Kind regards

Merlin

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ednivi
My Device: Not Specified

No, I have not been able to fix it and am fedup with BB

Please use plain text.