Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

oristian
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Bold 9700 text issues

This has been a huge annoyance for me as well.  It does seem to happen with my most frequently texted contacts, if that's of any help to the folks monitoring these bugs.  It's frustrating because if I immediately respond to a text, but then I want to see the critical information they just sent me (address, instructions), I can't open up the thread to see the previous messages.  I initially had thought it was related to the status of the message (i.e., it's in the process of being sent), but in fact this still is disabled when the message has been fully sent.  In my opinion the workaround suggested above is ridiculous.  This is a critical bug which is central to the most compelling reason to have a blackberry in the first place.  I swear the 7290 was the best blackberry I ever had, but AT&T conned me into getting a Pearl because the ostensibly superior 3G network was unable to support that phone.  3 busted rollerballs later, and I waited it out for the safety of the 9700's trackpad only to still be plagued by bugs like this.  13 years with this rapidly declining carrier and I'm just about ready to jump ship.

Please use plain text.
Nels43
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Texting issues on 9700

I have had same issues and I'm a T-Mobile user so it obviously doesn't have anything to do with your carrier.  Hard to believe the Blackberry folks haven't been able to come up with a fix for this.  Very frustrating when you can see the first line of the text but can't open it up and respond--especially when it's you boss you are trying to respond to but can't!  RIM, if you are out there, please keep us from pulling our hair out over this issue.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
iririr
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Re: Texting issues on 9700

[ Edited ]

I had a similar problem where texts from person A would appear in person B's thread. I noticed it only when I upgraded to the latest OS. So I downgraded to v5.0.0.344 (paltform 5.1.0.96) and everything was back to normal.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kclim
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: Maxis

Re: Texting issues on 9700

[ Edited ]

No exact solution for the locked up SMS thread???? Yes, not the carrier issue but the device itself.....I'm from Malaysia and facing the same problem as well.....getting frustrated when the thread could not be opened no matter how many times I hit the enter button :smileymad:

My current OS is v5.0.0.344 (Platform 5.1.0.96)

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Daimart
My Device: Blackberry Q10 - 10.2.0.424
My Carrier: Cyta-Vodafone (Cyprus)

Hi all,

I have had all the very same problems with the 9700 regarding text/SMS and MMS.

I finally wiped my device and loaded OS v5.0.0.423 and everything is working just fine for me.

Regards

David

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Can you please click on the KUDOS star if this was helpful and click on Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kclim

Hi Daimart,

Glad to hear that....this is my 1st time using BB device, kinda lost :smileyvery-happy:

btw, would like to ask is the v5.0.0.423 a leaked version or official for Bold 9700? I tried to search for updates with my BB Desktop Sofware, but ended up no new updates....

A quick question...when we have updated our OS to a newer version, how do we delete/remove the previous one? Or is it automatically will be removed?

Cheers

KC

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Daimart

Hi Kclim,

As far as I know the OS is official, I had mine from this site although I would imagine there are plenty of other sites now.

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9700-operating-software/12813-os-5-0-0-442-findings-fixes.html

As for installing your  OS, I use JL_Cmder this link you can down load + instructions

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F

hope this helps.

David

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Can you please click on the KUDOS star if this was helpful and click on Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kclim

Daimart,

The SMS issue is really a pain in the butt.....can't stand it anymore, opt to upgrade the OS as what you did...

In Malaysia, there are 3 telcos which are Celcom, Maxis and DiGi.....at this moment, Celcom has the latest OS v5.0.0.442 while Maxis is still with v5.0.0.344 when I checked under the Blackberry 

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp .......My BB SP is Maxis, so is it possible to download from Celcom and install the OS in my device? Please advise......

Cheers

KC

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Daimart

Sorry in the delay,

time differance and all that, yes there is no problem downloading from any of the Blackberry Carrier sites.

Good luck, Please don't give up, it's a great device.

Regards

David

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kclim

thank you...will upgrade it soon, perhaps I'll try to open a new thread for some guidelines...don't want to be OOT under this thread....

Cheers

Please use plain text.