Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9780 - new user
My Carrier: Rogers

Bold 9780 - Blackberry Protect - new sim card detected please verify email address and password

Not familiar enough with the security issues at the time, thought I could just install a new sim card into this phone, remove all previous msgs., emails, etc.    New sim card means new blackberry user id.   The older user happened to be my daughter, who now has an iphone 4s and I have her Bold 9780.  She needs to delete her blackberry id, email account, etc.   I've set up my own blackberry id and she logged in to her id and deleted this device.   We did a restart of the phone and this error msg still shows up.  

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Bold 9780 - Blackberry Protect - new sim card detected please verify email address and password

Hi mmgr

You will have to perform a security wipe of the BlackBerry® smartphone to remove all BlackBerry® ID information.  When the device reboots, you will be prompted to login with your new BlackBerry® ID.

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!