Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
markymarkwahlberg
My Device: Z10

Bold 9780 Screen Broken

Hi everyone,

I have a blackberry bold 9780 and i recently broke the screen, I dont have money right now to buy a new bb or to fix the screen and i still need to use my bb daily. I was wondering if there is any way that i can turn on bluetooth on my phone manually (direct keyboard commands) or software programs that can turn it on remotely as i cant see what im doing on the screen. If i can turn it on then i can access my text messages and internet through my Blackberry bridge, since i have a playbook as well. Or if there is a way i can connect an external display and operate it when needed in that way. Thanks any help is greatly appreciated and i thank you in advance. Thanks Mark

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Bold 9780 Screen Broken

Hey markymarkwahlberg,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Currently there is no keyboard shortcuts to turn on Bluetooth®.  You can still backup your data on a PC and restore it to another BlackBerry® smartphone.

But without seeing the screen you will not be able to enable Bluetooth or connect to BlackBerry® Bridge™.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.