Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Airtel India

Bold 9780 lost all software and games

My phone encountered an Error 603, for which i performed a wipe of the phone using my mac, and was followed by Error 602, which required me to perform a re-load of the device software. However, on device doftware reload, i find that the bold 9780 signature apps; feeds, appworld, games and other apps have all vanished. i tried installing appworld and the same is not installing, i.e., it installs from the browser, but does not show up on the menu. This also prevents me from installing a lot of other apps which i need to have on the phone. right now its working just as a basic phone with email and preventing me from enjoying the complete blackberry experience. Please help, how can i install back all my apps. As I am using a mac, the back up did not include important software like wallet and password keeper, which also I have lost. Also documents to go has gone missing. I have lost a substantial amount of functionality of the phone and without blackberry appworld i dont think i will be able to get any of it back. 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Bold 9780 lost all software and games

How did you manage to wipe your phone so the software was clearSmiley Happy?~

This would be a really big help, thank you x

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Airtel India

I cant recall the exact resource. but it was available on one fo the threads in this forum only. 

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

EDIT:  I just re-read your post and realized that you cannot install App World on your phone.  If you're able to get BlackBerry Desktop Software up and running properly, App World can be reinstalled from there.  Before doing so, go to your Applications list on your phone, find App World, delete it then reinstall it from BlackBerry Desktop Software.  OK, now on to my original post:

All core apps on your BlackBerry should be found listed in BlackBerry Desktop Software.  If you connect your phone to your PC and open BDS, look under Applications in the left column.  Any apps that are not currently installed on your phone should have a box beside them which can be checked to install the apps.  Any non-core apps that you had installed should be listed in App World.  Open App World on your phone, click My World, press the menu key and select Refresh List.  If you still have some that are not showing, the tab at the top of the page (which is probably set to Installed) should be clicked to show Uninstalled.  You can then reinstall them from there.

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.