Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
LKJBBFORUM
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone.it

Bold 9780 problems to install non standard Apps

I have a new Bold 9780 phone and it has never been connected to an enterprise server. I have set up email and also BBM Messenger without troubles but I cannot install Whatsapp despite numerous attempts. Every time I try to install the process starts I almost immediately get "There was a problem installing Whatsapp Messenger. Please try again." I have done this many many times and the result is always the same. I recently did a total reset of the phone with a total WIPE operation that was performed successfully. However - after the reboot and reinstallation of BBM + email etc the same negative result occurred again with Whatsapp. I experienced exactly the same failures with trying to instal Shazam.... Any ideas?? I am at the end of my tether because Whatsapp is an essential multi-phone type communication tool.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Bold 9780 problems to install non standard Apps

Hey LKJBBFORUM,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the post.

What version of BlackBerry software are you running?  Type myver in a message to get this info.  Do you get that same message for every 3rd party application?

Also have you tried to install the applications through BlackBerry World on a PC?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LKJBBFORUM
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone.it

Re: Bold 9780 problems to install non standard Apps

Hi ViciousFerret, Thanks for your reply. I am out of town right now for the next 5 days and the BB concerned is at home. I'll come back to you early next week. Thanks and have a good weekend. LKJBBFORUM
Please use plain text.