Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

Bold 9780 recognised as Blackberry Touch whilst browsing.. error

Just recieved my Blackberry 9780 yesterday in the post, I bought the phone unlocked and just inserted my SIM card from o2..

When I am browsing on say Facebook for example, at the bottom of the page on Facebook mobile it says 'Download Facebook for your Torch' - which is a complete error as I am using the Bold 9780... It also doesnt allow me to access the home page of Facebook mobile either, I constantly get an 'error' message, so I took a screen shot which you can view here:-

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs601.ash2/155367_179403642073704_100000122077501_700704...

Also it then re-directs me to Facebook's 'Touch' site which I assume is for devices like the Torch, iPhone, HTC's etc... this is another error.

Is there a way to fix this, or is this just a bug that will be fixed? I've looked in the browser settings and there is nothing there that would correct this error!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Bold 9780 recognised as Blackberry Touch whilst browsing.. error

Hello capitalr,

The Facebook mobile site picks up on the handheld software version and it seems it doesn't recognize your device as being separate from the Torch (which was the first BlackBerry with BlackBerry 6 installed)

You can contact Facebook mobile support and let them know you are having difficulties with their site.

Do you have the Facebook for BlackBerry application installed? If so, when you are in the application and hit the Menu key, are you able to access the mobile site?

Thanks

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yeah I already have the FB Blackberry App installed, when I click 'go to mobile site', it directs me to m.facebook.com and again the same error as on the picture I put as a link in my previous post shows.. I will contact facebook and let them know, but is there a way that they/blackberry can fix this issue so it recognises the Blackberry 9780 as a separate device?

it's wierd because m.facebook.com home page worked for a few hours on my 9780 then suddenly just stopped!

thanks

Retired

The mobile site is not run by BlackBerry but by Facebook. I can't answer that question as I don't know how their site works.

All I can suggest is to wait and hear back from their support team.

Let me know how you make out.

-HMthePirate

Contributor

I contacted them and although I didn't receive a reply, it seems to be working now (the mobile site home page).

It still says 'Download Facebook for your Torch' but im guessing over the coming months Facebook will hopefully fix that error!

Thanks again

Retired

Hey capitalr,

Glad to hear its working now. Let me know how you make out with Facebook support and the device identification.

If there is anything else we can help you with, be sure to let us know :smileyhappy:

-HMthePirate