Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
antenax
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: vodafone

Bold 9780 - the flash from the camera does not turn off

Hello,
i have a problem with my bb Bold 9780 since today. The flash from the camera is always on, and it impossible to turn it off. Any idea to fix it?
i already tried the following:
- remove the battery for 30 mins : no impact, as soon as i reinstall the battery, the flash lamp is on again
- look at the option menu in the camera app to make sure that the flash is desactivated (for photo and viseo): issue not solved even if the flash is desactivated
the problem is that due to this issue, my battery life is very short, and my phone is almost not usable...
Any help is welcome !!
Thank you
Ant.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Bold 9780 - the flash from the camera does not turn off

When you remove the battery, are you doing it with your phone powered on? If you turn your phone off first, nothing will change.
If that's not the problem, try pressing the space bar while in the camera app. I don't know if your phone has a physical keyboard with a space bar; I'm on mobile and can't see what model you have.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

OK, you have a Bold 9780. I should pay closer attention. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
antenax

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
antenax

just tried turning it off before removing the battery, and space bar in the camera app and it does not solve the issue .
The light is on as soon as i insert the battey - even before i turn it on, so that's very strange

any other idea that can help?

Ant.
Please use plain text.