Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
cokariuki
My Device: 9790

Re: Bold 9790 Ear Speaker Not Working - SOLVED

[ Edited ]

Dear All,

Greetings in Jesus' name. I trust that all is well.

I have a BB 9790 and have experienced this issue more than 3 times now within a period of less than a year i.e. unable to hear the caller but the speaker works.

All these past times, I cannot say exactly what fixed my issue; at one time I wiped and reloaded the OS, another time I downgraded from 7.1 to 7.0 and other times uninstalling apps in the order of the last one to be installed did the trick.

It happened again yesterday and none of the above tricks worked.

After saying a prayer to God, I was led to the ultimate solution for this issue:

Go to 'Options', 'Call Management', 'In-call Settings' and then change the 'Enhance Handset Call Audio:' from 'Previous' to 'Normal'.

You can instead change the setting to 'Boost Bass' or 'Boost Treble' depending on your preference just as long as you don't leave it in 'Previous' which is clearly not working.

Basically, the aim is to reset the Sound/Audio settings so with other Blackberry phones, simply look for how to get to the Sound/Audio settings in order to reset.

I praise God for shedding light to the solution for this issue because it was really annoying and can almost cause one to returrn/replace their unit when it really has no permanent issue.

God bless you all.

ebad1
My Device: bold-9790

Re: Bold 9790 Ear Speaker Not Working - SOLVED

tried doing this, didn't work for me! 

dcmosher
My Device: Bold 9790

Re: Bold 9790 Ear Speaker Not Working

My BB Bold 9790 ear speaker stopped working days after I got.  Did all the upgrades reboots etc etc and it still works for a day and then dies.  I sent it back to BBerry and got it back 9 months later.  It worked for one day.  

BLACKBERRIES SUCK.