Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

lauramonty24
My Device: Bold 9790

Bold 9790 - cannot call, without putting someone on hold and calling someone else!

I have always had a blackberry and loved them until now. The bold 9790 is the worst phone I have ever had and the last blackberry I will ever have, but I am stuck with it until my business contract runs out.

I cannot make a call, without the touch screen deciding to put my call on hold and calling someone else. I end up talking with the phone far away from my head and the person at the other end can hardly hear me.

I also have complaints from everyone I talk to, that my voice is constantly on delay or they themselves hear themselves speaking to me in echo.

My phone also freezes regularly.

Oh and this is the 2nd one I have had in 6 months as my previous one froze permanently and the battery was lasting around 1 hour max.

My sim is about to go into an old nokia brick from about 20 years ago, so I can at least make calls!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Bold 9790 - cannot call, without putting someone on hold and calling someone else!

Users' faces touching the touchscreen and activating the Hold icon is nothing new with touchscreen phones.  Luckily, there is a cure!  It's an app that will set you back a deuce but it's worth it, in my opinion.  Have a look:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/822/ 

As for the call quality, a lot has to do with the speed of your connection.  If you're using a slower connection, such as 2G, your voice will be delayed.  My Z10 uses LTE and it's like I'm talking on a landline phone.  I have no suggestion about the echo; it could have to do with the connection speed as well but don't quote me on that one.

I hope I've helped you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.