Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Koodo
Accepted Solution

Bold 9790 problem! Need help

So about almost a year ago, I bought a Blackberry Bold 9790. The past couple of months it would reboot automatically all the time. Overtime, it would get worse and worse. It would get to the point where anytime I'd call or send a message it would power off. Yesterday, it was on in the morning and shut off around 9. It turned on once around 11, then it didn't turn on the rest of the day. I have notes on my phone that are very important to me, and it won't turn on anymore. It would occasionally turn on while plugged in, but once unplugged, it would power off. Now, plugged in or not it doesn't turn on. Occasionally the red led will turn on, like it usually did when it rebooted by itself. I've tried to remove battery and tried many different ways to get it to work, just long enough to email the the notes that are important to me, to my email or something.<br><br>I need help at least getting it on for a couple of minutes, or to get my notes in a safe spot.<br>Are the notes saved on my SD card? In which case I could just remove that and get them?<br>Please help me
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Bold 9790 problem! Need help

Have you tried replacing the battery?

Only media (pics, videos, etc.) are stored on the SD card. Everything else is stored on the device. That is why you should make backups using Desktop Software and/or enable BB Protect.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I just plugged it in and now it's just showing a battery symbol with an x through it. How can I help this?
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

See my first suggestion above. Did you try a new battery?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

It's not new, but one of my friends that owns a Bold9790 gave me their phone hoping it would help, but to no luck it did not turn on either. I figured the battery, the first one, in mind was completely dead because it wouldn't do anything except that battery thing. But now I put in the other one, and it showed a battery logo with a charge thing I'm the middle instead. And now it's booting on!
Guru I

Definitely sounds like a battery issue. You will need to let it charge for a while.
New Contributor

Update: I'm using the battery from the other phone. It wouldn't move above 1% of battery. It turned off after awhile, and when it came back on, it was at 50%! Now it's at 100%, so I removed everything I need into a safe spot and am prepared for what it's going to throw at me next!
Guru I

I suggest getting a new battery. It is not uncommon for them to go bad over time. I think that will solve your problems.