Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Rogers

Bold 9790

I have had numerous issues with my 9790 over the past few months, including low battery life, touch screen not working intermittently, media card not being recognized and constantly rebooting. Today I had a new issue start, was wondering if anyone could help me with it? I was using the camera after a full nights charge and after taking the 2nd picture the phone died, I have had it on the charger for the past 6 hours and it still won't even power up. I refuse to pay RIM for technical support so thought I would try here. This phone has pretty much been a lemon from day 1 but I am in a contract and stuck with it for a while. Anyone else have this issue?

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Bold 9790

All warranty service goes through your carrier, Rogers. You do not need to pay RIM directly for support. Rogers is supposed to escalate your case to RIM if they cannot resolve the issue.

Can you get access to another battery to try in the device to see if it's just a faulty battery? If not, you're going to need to have Rogers take care of the problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!