Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
thesketh
My Device: BOLD 9900

Bold 990 won't sync organizer

A week ago I lost all my 300+ contacts and everything in my calendar, that was fun.  I am now trying to sync the organizer data and each time I try to configure it gives me an "unknown error report"???  Any ideas?  I seem to have sync'ed my applications but the calender, contacts and memo pad is under the organizer.  Any ideas?  Thanks

Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Re: Bold 990 won't sync organizer

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums thesketh! :smileyhappy:

A couple of places for you to visit: Blackberry 101    Tips & Tricks

How exactly did you "lost" your contacts and calendar?  No backup?  That's a good practice to get into as you may be finding out.  You can also download and install BB Protect to guard against this happening again.  If you have a backup you can then just Restore your data  from the backup file. 

You may want to check on your sync configuration settings.  Post back and let us know.

Happy to have you here! :smileyvery-happy:

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
New Contributor
thesketh
My Device: BOLD 9900

It won't allow me to sync configuration settings on the organizer part because this error just pops up.  I did a back up but it hadn't included my organizer with contacts and calendar, which won't configure now???.  I lost because of a software up grade that was sent to me, I tried to upgrade it got stuck, I ended up having to bring to a cell repair shop, and they restored everything which lost everything because I thought my back up would have included everything not just media.  When I look at the page you've suggested I don't even know where to start to look.  

Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

[ Edited ]

Which version of Desktop Software are you using?  Find the section in the KB article and follow the steps.

I'm also wondering if what they restored is what is causing your error message.  What did they restore and where did they restore it from? 

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.