Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Cal9900
My Device: Bold 9900

Bold 9900 App Memory Leak

My fairly new Bold 9900 has a memory leak issue! I have 140mb of application memory free and my phone is fully working and fast! Just 24hrs later I'll have 3mb free and the only way to get back to 140mb free is by doing a re-boot. I should not have to do this daily with a phone that cost over £300!!!!

Please please help

Contributor
boldlygo
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Re: Bold 9900 App Memory Leak

I was under the impression that OS v7 doesn't have the memory leaks that the older oses had.  Are you sure that it is not a third party app causing the leak or an app that you have left running?

New Contributor
Cal9900

Today I have closed all third-party applications and memory is still going down very randomly. I have the latest OS software too. I have also seen many others online who have reported similair issue where they have to do a daily or per 2 day re-boot.
Contributor
boldlygo

You say your phone is new...I would return it for a full refund or an exchange since the OS is faulty.  I had memory leak issues on my Bold 9000 but I have wiped and reinstalled the OS three times now and I make sure I don't leave apps open and the leak is gone.  You could try this using BBSAK (on a pc) and be sure to do a few reboots before loading any apps. I don't think all 9900 have memory leak issues from the reviews I've read on Amazon so it could be that you have one of the few faulty ones.  Let me know how you get on as I am using a bold 9000 but I am considering upgrading to the 9900.

New Contributor
Cal9900

I meant fairly new - it is actually 3 or 4 months old now. Plus I cannot return now at all. Is the an actual person/shop/place I can go to for extra help or have you got any more advice?
Contributor
boldlygo

It's still under warranty so you can go down that route try where you bought it or try blackberry directly.  If you want to try  a wipe and reinstall first and you are not ok to do it yourself, carphone warehouse has technical support in some of their stores that can do this for you at a very reasonable price (BBSAK on a pc is quite straightforward).