Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
KChambers
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

Re: Bold 9900 Battery Life

Not been able to update recently.

Currently I'm on my third Blackberry 9900. The previous two 9900's failed due to battery life. I persevered with the previous two phones, changing out batteries on many occassions without success.

The third phone is living up to expectations and is absolutely superb. Battery life is not a worry and I'm using the phone with all apps, including regular phone and e-mail use.

Not sure of the reason why this phone works. Is it a bad batch of batteries or a software glitch??? I'm running the same OS as the previous two phones and used different batches of batteries.

Either way, If you have a problem with battery life have your phone replaced under warranty and hopefully like me you'll end up with a phone that works.

Regards

Kev.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
vicius
My Carrier: Bold 9900

Hello,

I'm thinking to buy the Bold 9900, but I have read quite a lot of negative reęviews about the battery life from people who have already bought it. They are saying that the battery is not lasting even till the end of 1 day and even without heavy usage.

That is why I realy worry. For bussness devices (this is what you are stating that you are selling) the battery life is one of the most important parts. Even too days of heavy usage per single charge is not very well as for your flagman device. Please say clearly, is it just  some king of a bug and you will fix it? Or maybe its planned battery lasting time (what I can't really believe)?

I want to make quick decision which device to buy and to feel safe that battery problem will realy be solved if there will appear such.

Thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
funmilicious
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Gona try this and see how it goes.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Vundla
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodacom

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I've had my BB 9900 (sourced via Amazon UK, but from RIM/BB as supplier) now for two weeks.

I upgraded from the 8520 which was near flawless (apart from moisture problems across screen - after having phone in back pocket of pants).

The 9900 is unfortunately one big disappointment on two critical aspects.

Today my email stopped working - first emails were delayed and missing (when compared with my PC - no email address issues - Reconcile now doesn't sort - and now it's stopped working altogether. No more emails being received, already did 2x complete restarts.  [EDIT - this has been resolved and was part of the near-global BB outage yesterday]

My BIGGEST gripe invoves the terrible battery. A fully charged phone at 8am lasts for 4 hours only! No apps running apart from the basics and no social feeds, no calls made, no internet browsing. [EDIT: it seems better today - I wonder whether the BB outage yesterday was not causing the phone to work overtime - hence excessive battery drain? I could literally watch it drain - 10% after a few minutes....]

I bought this as a BUSINESS phone, otherwise I would have bought the much nicer Iphone.

I need a decent battery that will last at least 24 hours and I need reliable email coms. BIG FAIL on both accounts.

It pains me but it looks like I need to go back to my old 8520 - which I really wanted to avoid. I paid over 450 UKP out of pocket for the new 9900.

WIFI is off, gps location service is OFF.

The OS is 7.0.0. Bundle 1465.

Unfortunately I live in Africa and had the phone brought over from the UK via a friend, so a quick exchange is not practical.

What to do? Any further tips? MUST I do a clean re-install of everything ?

OH, another thing, it wont allow me to get apps via appworld. Previously no problem on other phone - same package - and no problem internet browsing so connectivity (on unlimited data package) is no problem.

Thanks all in advance!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
timstanford
My Carrier: Telstra

Hi All,
I too had issues with battery life. Like you I searched the web for a solution and found the upgrade of the latest OS v7.0.0.440 for BlackBerry Bold 9900 has helped a lot.

I can receive 200 emails, 20 text, and have 3 hours of solid talk and still have battery of just under 45%

http://www.blackberryos.com/content/leaked-os-v7-0-0-440-blackberry-bold-9900-1993/

Will be interesting once an "official solution" will be release.

Hope this helps

Tim

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
baggiesads
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange UK

I'm getting anything from 3 - 6 hours since buying this last Friday from Orange UK not very happy!! It's worse than bold 9700 which used to do the same job for 15 - 18 hours.

It's something to do with the battery

tweet me
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KChambers
My Carrier: O2

After my last post regarding the joy of having a battery that lasted all day, two days later it all went horribly wrong again.  Battery life returned to being 3 to 4 hours.

My next recommendation and touch wood has been working fine is to charge your battery then remove the battery from the phone and leave for five minutes.  Put the battery back in the phone as see if there is a difference.  If the battery heats up remove and leave until it cools.

Worth a try.  So far two of my colleagues have tried this and noticed a big difference in the battery life.

YES, I'm cracking up. 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
baggiesads
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange UK

I'm also going crazy gone from 9700 to 9900 going what the hell! it's worse than 8520 I had years ago :smileysurprised:

tweet me
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Vundla
My Carrier: Vodacom

Funny enough since my post a few days ago, my battery life has gone from 3-4 hours to 14+ hours (ie take off overnight charger at say 8am and at 10pm I still have 30+ % charge left). I doubt it would last the night to the next morning. This is after keeping the phone in the holster much of the day, many emails, a few calls only, not much internet browsing.

I suspect that my quick discharges may have had something to do with the BB outage - at times it even struggled with normal connections - perhaps it continued searching for signal and incoming data and that expended its battery life.

It's still a very great disappointment.

Other problems I sit with is BBWorld not working (cant download wikitude! ) and also, can't do backups - for two week's it's telling me that this service is temporarily unavailable. My wife's works fine - same package, same company.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
galaxy358
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Install OS 7.0.0.440 ... I used to get 4 hours of battery life, now I can get at least 12 hours +
Please use plain text.