Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Super Contributor
ifraser
My Device: Z10

Re: Bold 9900 Battery Life

On the equals side, apple doesn't normally give release note with everything they release either.

Sometimes the fixes are so small its hardly worth their while.
OS10 on the Z10. A great combination.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
wwwatch
My Device: Bold 9900 and 9700

Isn't that SOP to ha ve release notes for any SW upgrades in the SW industry.

Talking about Apple, iPhone 4 lasts at least 30% longer than 9900 on .540. Apple has even faster processor and much larger screen.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ifraser

Apple has a fixed battery though which isn't really all that good. As most of the OS's appear as leaks originally they wouldn't have any docs with them. Unless developers get them.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
wwwatch

For me, unless I spend $ and buy a charger than charges a standalone battery and having to carry a spares battery with me, a fixed or removable battery makes no difference to me in the 9900 battery case.

If all things being equal, I, too, would prefer to have removable battery.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MikeScully

I'm wondering... Is it possible to wipe and reload OS etc. if the phone isn't activated with a carrier ? 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ifraser

Yes, wiping your phone means it just removes the build. Doesn't effect carrier settings like sim locks etc. As long as you have a valid build for your phone you car install it, then restore your data onto it.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ifraser

*can install it
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MikeScully

Thanks ! That's helpful. I still haven't picked up a 9900 yet (still using my trusty 9780) but if I can install and wipe OS versions till there's one out there that's bullet proof, maybe I'll pick one up now and play with it for a bit before I activate it..

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
wwwatch

Dang, knowing there is an unresolved, irrirating battery issue you'd still pick one of these immature products up?
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MikeScully

Yeah well I can pick up a used one (a month old) pretty cheap right now (no doubt because of the batttery life) so if I can play with it, wipe and re-install OS versions etc. without having to activate it and deal with the battery issue myself all day everyday until there's a stable OS for it..  then I'm ahead of the game even if it takes a month or so.  There's bound to be a resolution to the issue before too long and I really like the other features of the phone so why not grab the shell now when the price is right and shelf it (so to speak). Then when a stable OS is installed and working, I can back up my data off my 9780, install it on the 9900 move the activation over and voila !

Please use plain text.