Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Super Contributor
wwwatch
My Device: Bold 9900 and 9700

Re: Bold 9900 Battery Life

I have downed the 7.1 OS file and got the new phone connected to DM.. But PM only showing new SW available, which is .579...

So how do I get the 7.1 pkg into PM?
Super Contributor
ifraser
My Device: Z10

I don't think you have ran the .exe file. Run and it will put the OS in the correct place.
OS10 on the Z10. A great combination.
Super Contributor
wwwatch

'No registered application for this extension' is the error message that it gives me when I tried to run the exe file
Super Contributor
ifraser

Ok, not sure if you have the correct file. If you go to http://berrylicio.us look under the latest in os section at the bottom. There are multiple download links there.
Trusted Contributor
MikeScully

ifraser wrote:

Ok, not sure if you have the correct file. If you go to http://berrylicio.us look under the latest in os section at the bottom. There are multiple download links there.

Fraser is that the leaked version or the official one that RIM released a few days ago ?

Trusted Contributor
MikeScully

Sorry about that..  should have looked at the link before asking. It appears to be the leaked version unless I missed something.

Super Contributor
ifraser

@mike- there is no official version appeared yet. RIM press release was only an anouncement.

.190 is indeed a leaked version but no one can say if its the version the networks will release.
Super Contributor
wwwatch

Ok the new phone they causally swapped out for me is working down the batt the same way as expected granted I'm still using the original OS that came in with the phone - .353.

They did admit the batt drain is the problem (and they even claimed on the trouble-ticket that they found a problem that I didn't report - flickering screen!!) Pluse this 3rd party outsourced place admits that this is something that isn't worth 'fixing' therefore they issued me a new phone.

In this case no matter what the new phone should work better than the previous one no matter what. But this is not the case.

I bet this case is like someone taking their in-warr car into the dealership to have something fixed. The Tech just causally swap out parts in the problem area without identifying real issue. Afterall is not his money....

In my case here the 3rd party guys purposely faked a 'flickering-screen' issue into the trouble-ticket to help his lazy-**bleep** in justifying to RIM for issuing me a new phone. It's not their money anyway. Typical.
Contributor
Vundla
My Device: 9900

I last posted on this thread at about page 3...and forgive me for not reading 80-odd pages now to catch up :Innocent:

My BB dektop software is offering me an upgrade of OS from current bundle 1465 (v 296) to Bundle 7.0 2406 (v 585).

In short: should I do it (presumably through the desktop software) ???

Will it improve my miserable battery life of around 12-20 hours on medium use?

Is it more stable (I have few if any issues currently)

Does it have worthwhile other changes?

Please humour me with your experienced reply :Winkiss:

Super Contributor
wwwatch

Vun, don't be greedy man! 12 - 20 hours batt life (though it's a big 8 hrs window) shouldn't be considered miserable!

I will stop messing with this OS bs fixes if I can get even 10 hours our of this lousy phone. I'm getting 5 - 6 hours right now.