Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
herbieskeete
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Re: Bold 9900 Battery Life

[ Edited ]

True!

I have had to turn most things off and to use it largely only as a phone. May as well get a low end device. RIM has lost the plot.

Contributor
herbieskeete
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

Don't blame you. I was tempted to switch to the iPhone4S or an Android in December but stuck to a Blackberry when my old Bold died. I was an early adopter of mobile phones more years ago than I care to remember. My first was an Excel (UK make) then I had Nokias for years (and loved them). It took me a while to switch to a Blackberry as the phone was lousy for anthing other than e-mail. Eventually I got a Pearl and loved it and stuck to Blackberry since then.

Time for change again. As soon as I can get out of my Vodafone contract, this phone goes.

Super Contributor
wwwatch
My Device: Bold 9900 and 9700

Samm, congras!!!!

That is the right move for anyone who can get out of their contract.

I was in Singapore last week and was at a electronic / mobile phone mall looking for a spare JM1 batt and a batt charger for this **bleep** phone.

The moment I asked if they have the set for sell, the sales lady literally says.. ' ...the phone only lasts a few hours, right..?'. I then asked if lots of people having the problem. She literally tells me everyone who goes there to buy either batt's or chargers have the same problem and no tricks that she has seen as of today to fix that except have bunch of spare batt fully charged.

That really tells me how wide spread the complains are.
Super Contributor
ifraser
My Device: Z10

Well extra batteries and chargers apart. The phone software needs to be fixed. 7.1 is the way forward for those of you that have just joined the thread.

Please look back and read so we don't end up going over old ground.

We are testing currently the latest leak which is 7.1.0.205 which is said to be the carrier release of OS 7.1.

However we will wait and see. :smileyhappy:
OS10 on the Z10. A great combination.
Super Contributor
wwwatch

Only improvements I have seen on .205 is the drainage rate during idle. For me it went down from 3+% to 1+% an hour. But that could be that i have stripped off most of the apps except only a couple.

The drainage rate when the Phone is actually being used is still
extremely high at 15% to 19% an hour.

I really am wondering what sort of test criteria RIM suggests to the carriers in testing their OS prior to releases. If the tests are done anywhere close to how the phone is intended to be used then i cant believe all these previous OS's even got released.
Super Contributor
ifraser

Lmao...none probably.
New Contributor
MEG07
My Device: Bold 9900

Hi everyone,

So, first of all: re. the tweeting. Someone had replied to one of my tweets and asked me what operating system I had. I had no idea what the significance was then. After all this, well, I get it. :smileytongue:

I'm finally ready to do the upgrade. I got Mike Scully's email with the link.

My question is: If I don't do a complete wipe with a reload of the apps, am I still going to see a difference? I have nothing against doing the full wipe/app reloading, except I really don't know what I'm doing, so I didn't want to risk completely screwing up the phone.

I noticed a def decrease in battery consumption when I'm @ home on Wi-fi and since the battery saver was deleted. Also, I see random days when the battery seems to be a lot better (i.e. 15hrs before it dies, as opposed to the 6-8hrs I usually get) except I can't figure out what's different. Actually, it seems to follow the rule that if I don't need the phone, the battery's better (even with heavier use), and when I need it (i.e. at work, or out and about), the phone dies in stand-by. So, maybe RIM included a bug in there to monitor when I need the phone just to piss me off. :smileytongue: Or maybe Rogers is sucking all the juice with its coverage.

Also, what's up with having 100% battery life and within two minutes, down to 92%. Just for no reason.

:Whistling:

Super Contributor
ifraser

ǾkªỲ if you do the upgrade it will be fine but you might have an app or setting causing part of the drop. Still its worth a load to try it. You can always reload later if you wish.

The 8% drop that people have experienced has been a factor on many of the later OS 7 versions. This appears to have been sorted on 7.1.0.205. And hopefully future version.

Let us know how you get on.

Super Contributor
wwwatch

The wifi at home has been proven to increase batt life significantly. For testing purpose just leave it off to see how the phone truely performs after OS upgrade.

Super Contributor
wwwatch

Anyone knows how to delete BBM on 7.1's .205?

Looks like the option to 'Delete' under the Application Manager folder has been taken away.

Why would RIM spend time in thinking up stupid useless restrictions like that when they should be spending time on fixing their issues at hand!