Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Re: Bold 9900 Battery Life

Sounds like a common email, if you have a couple of days to read through this thread, not assuming you will. Smiley Happy, but myself and another user are both on orange uk and personally I have had 7.1 since 1st leak.

Its had its ups and downs but the latest release seems to be such a huge improvement. Orange/tmob are now the last network to release 7.1 since vodafone released it today. They blame testing.....rubbish!!

My advice, bite the bullit, get one of the latest versions and try it out. It can't hurt.

Btw, I would wait till next week, as I believe another newer version is about to appear today or tomorrow.
OS10 on the Z10. A great combination.
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Vodafone Romania

I upgrade to 402 but it-s born a problem: after every plug of charge in phone, the headset its dead; need to do a master reset and the problem it ok again; this its for third time for today...
Super Contributor

Mmm, very odd. Might need a full wipe and reload, in fact I would reckomend it as you get better results.
Contributor
My Device: Q10, Bold 9900, 9700 & Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Well been following this thread for a few months after my initial postings. Today I synced up to my new pc for the first time in a couple of weeks and then noticed that the official 7.1 update was available ... no email from BB as in the past to alert me of update ??

So installed 7.1 bundle 1149 and already after 5 hours since full charge I can see a difference. No in depth measurement just plain looking at battery symbol in top left verses the time since I unplugged from charger. Normal usage for me applies and definite improvement. 

Watch this space !

I want to believe
Super Contributor

Glad to hear it, it was officially announced by RIM today that the UK had released it, however the networks have been sneaky and pushed it out over the last 2 weeks.

There are 2 different forms of install, OTA on the phone which I never trust, or through desktop manager which is safer.

Also beware. .342 is the released version and it has a minor browser fault with certain websites. Hopefully they will release the newer version soon.
Contributor
My Device: Q10, Bold 9900, 9700 & Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Thanks for that. Even with all your and other peoples helpful posts I was never going to be brave enough or clever enough to try to load the leaked updates. I have only been using wifi for Twitter etc since the upgrade and to be honest I only use the browser for looking at news pages etc. Quick question but there is a new feature in the Manage Connections menu which is "Mobile Hotspot". What's that all about ? I'm sure I could look through the phone to maybe find out but whilst on here I thought I would ask those many wise ones to be found here ! 

I want to believe
Super Contributor

Mobile hotspote allows you to use your phone as a mobile internet hub, for laptop, other phones, anything wifi basically.

You may require an extra tethering package from your provider to support it.

Also on the next version, you will be getting media sharing which allows you to share your music, videos, even pics on your local wifi network.

After the 342 upgrade give it a day or so to settle and do at least 1 battery pull after at least 24hrs.
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Telcel

hi all...

Im using 7.1.0.205 my battery life is good, I'm using  it from 8am to 11pm and still have about 68%  y use it on EDGE all the time, except when I need to surf the web I change to 3G... can you please advice on an OS that would give better battery life... .205 some flaws...

Super Contributor

Most networks have chosen to launch 7.1.0.342 as their 7.1 release but I know that version didn have a flaw where some websites crashed the browser.

I would get a copy of .402 as its the latest one available. If you are getting that long from your battery just now then you won't be dissapointed by changing.
Super Contributor

Most networks have chosen to launch 7.1.0.342 as their 7.1 release but I know that version didn have a flaw where some websites crashed the browser.

I would get a copy of .402 as its the latest one available. If you are getting that long from your battery just now then you won't be dissapointed by changing.