Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Super Contributor
ifraser
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Re: Bold 9900 Battery Life

Ahh, you didn't mention it was a BES phone. Yes, no backup really required for that.

As long you have access to re-enable the habdset you should be fine.

Good luck this time.
OS10 on the Z10. A great combination.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rebootln
My Device: PB
My Carrier: TELUS

here it goes

uninstall allblackberry software

reboot

install the leak

reboot

pull battery - connect interupt the booth with "restore"

all restored - activated on bes - all is good 

Been without charging since yestereday - still at 25%

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ifraser

Sounds like a good update this time. Remember to battery pull about twice in the next 24hours until it settles.

402 seemed to settle after a day or so and that is with 10 email accounts, social feeds of various types and using BBM groups heavily.

BES possibly will help is index quicker so might not take so long.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wodney69
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: 02

I would suggest holding down the blackberry button to see what apps you have running. This helped in my case. But yeah I agree the bold 9900 battery life is awfull. If you make a few calls and emails that's it your down to nothing in mins
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ifraser

@wodney. Thanks for that, this thread is not really about how many apps we have running and more about the advances on the software now that has improved the battery life well beyond the few calls draining your battery.

If you haven't yet done so I would recommend moving to a new OS 7.1 release as most networks have now pushed this to their customers.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Zoloft
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Vodafone Romania

For me it s a worst version for battery life this leaked .402. Not works and that all !!! Battery life max 18 hours.

Version 391 and 398 its not form my 9930; just for 9900.

So i stiil wait for better relase.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ifraser

18hours is a great battery life compared to the 6-8hours the phones originally gave.

402 seems to have given me the best battery life so far with none of the flaws that 342 has.

I haven't tested 7.1.0.391 but I believe it is also a good release however it still has the browser flaws that 342 has.

I would wait if you are still not happy with the battery life as I am sure a new leak will appear soon.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cyberworldukltd
My Device: I am rocking the BlackBerry® PlayBook bridged to BlackBerry® Torch Smartphone with BlackBerry® Wireless Headset HS-700
My Carrier: I am on AT&T

agree with every point you mentioned... as i am facing the same BlackBerry Bold 9900 Battery Life issue...i am on the same OS & Bundle 1465....

visit our website: DietKart
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wodney69
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: 02

To be honnest since my original post last week I have now experienced greatly improved battry life. Probably about 30%- 40% improvment.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ifraser

@Cyberworld- its very hard to tell which OS you are on by the bundle number. You want the app version. If you haven't yet done it I would recommend putting the latest version released which for O2 is 7.1.0.342. After a couple of days settling you will see an improvement in battery life.

@wodney- glad to hear its improved, to be honest mine seems to be still getting better. Haven't opped below 20% most days this week which is good for the usage I give it.
Please use plain text.