Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
wodney69
My Device: bold 9900

Re: Bold 9900 Battery Life

Yes that is my current version 7.1.0.342. I accidently came across the feature on the 9900 where you can check for software updates and then continue to upgrade.... So yeah all good I guess. I will need to keep an eye on things future since its hard to find definative information on new upgrades for various carriers etc. Small improvments such as battery life make me exited about my bb all over again. Haha . Thanx
Super Contributor
ifraser
My Device: Z10

Good to hear, if you follow the blog that I co-run, we post all the latest OS releases, leaks and official, as soon as we get our hands on them.

And I normally load them asap as well for testing.
OS10 on the Z10. A great combination.
Contributor
wodney69

I'll keep an eye on your blog then. Thanx. (I'm new to this forum so things like this are helpfull to me, like every bb user we all want to keep up with getting the best out ov our bbs.) Thanx again
Regular Contributor
Zoloft
My Device: 9930

Max 18 hours with last version is not enough for me; with .342 i had 24-26 hours as i wrote in that moment.

I still wait better  version.

Super Contributor
ifraser

I understand, but you are still very lucky to be getting that long from the current battery.

I think you will find 95% of the users on this thread have has less then 12 hours from their battery for a long time.

I will keep the thread updated when a new version appears and get it installed myself. 4 new versions have been spotted but none leaked yet.

arjunrawat
My Device: Bold 4 9900

Hi.. am a new Bold 9900 user and glad to have stumpled upon this forum.

I have an unlocked AT&T phone which i purchased from a reseller in India. I have wiped my phone and installed a copy of 7.1.0.342 Redington (India). After 24 hours of use i notice my battery is lasting jus about 12 hours with moderate use of phone, bbm and whatsapp even with wifi off. As read, i am thinking of giving the battery some more time to pick up its best performance as today was only day 1 after the new install. However whats confusing me is that the network shows am connected to 4G even though it is not even provided by my service provider. I tried to look for an option to limit the connection to 3G or EDGE but unlike previous BB's that i have own, OS 7.1 does not seem to have that function. The only thing i can do is choose a network manually and even then the network status remains 4G. I am afraid its due to this that my battery is not lasting long.. any advice?

Thanks

Super Contributor
ifraser

A lot of people run with the phone on 2g most of the time, this is really a total waste of a high performance smartphone.

I don't get 4G in the UK but if I did I would rather stick to that than downgrade my connection.

Also running with wifi when you can should actually save you battery rather than use more. My network supports UMA calling and it makes a huge dfference when I can connect using it.

Whatapp is a known drain on battery life also but as I use social feeds and its probably just as bad on battery I think our usage is pretty much the same.

I would do a couple of battery pulls now you have had it on a week or so and wait till the next leak appears. I am on 402 as 342 has a few issues that didn't work well.
Contributor
wodney69

Sorry for sounding stupid, but what is 4g? It is just video calling capable? I too am in the UK. And also what problems did have with 342? I had a bit more freezing but that's not to bad now. Thanx
Super Contributor
ifraser

4G is what all the uk networks are fighting over who will be allowed to release 1st.

Its high speed cellular data, tmobile and orange are trying to release it on the current frequencies but ofcom are trying to regulate it to another part of the radio spectrum.

Will allow such an improvement in speeds, currently you can get it if you are in london or birmingham on and on orange.

Also vodafone have just upgraded all their network to support it.

Regarding .342, it has a browser issue that makes it crash on certain websites. .391 has the same issues also. Seems they have fixed it now. :smileyhappy:
Contributor
cyberworldukltd
My Device: I am rocking the BlackBerry® PlayBook bridged to BlackBerry® Torch Smartphone with BlackBerry® Wireless Headset HS-700

[ Edited ]

Yes I know that, but its not entirely necessary. I tend to drain mine every couple of days just through use but more so the phone knows where its at.

Also I swap batteries every so often. Helps also.

Thanks

CW

visit our website: DietKart
Thanks