Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Super Contributor
ifraser
My Device: Z10

Re: Bold 9900 Battery Life

I agree on the battery swapping. I have 2 OEM JM-1's and one seems to give better battery life than the other.
OS10 on the Z10. A great combination.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Zoloft
My Device: 9930

I want to return at 7.1.342. but my DM not see this version after i installed last leeked.
I try to reinstal 7.1.342, deleted vendor files but still not see downgrade version...
Need to wait long time for better or official relase ?
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ifraser

You will need to uninstall the newer version, reboot. Then do a full wipe of ur device, otherwise it will always see the device as being newer.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
reborn2012
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

I have notice that the battery life sucks like no other I've ever seen but I did get a replacement from the warranty center. After receiving it, I charged it over night then used my old battery to;

Lower my display light to 10%, unchecked auto dim light,  each time while backing out of an application, press the menu button the press close, not use vibration unless I really need it and also only use the led light to inform me of messages and emails plus I am not a virtual socializing person so I don't have to worry about social feeds and I don't talk much on the phone but text quite a bit since these devices do heat up and try not to use Bluetooth headsets as much since it does deplete the battery as well as using wifi.  I may be missing some steps I took and hope these were a little helpful.  But it is up to your personal preference and what you use your device for.  

I did all these steps after I wiped the handheld clean minus memory card, deleted all my backups, uninstalled all desktop manager information, created a new BB ID and started from scratch.  For some reason, this helped my battery, the new one to last a little longer.  It's only been a day since I did this so I will update this information later if I am proven wrong.  BTW, it is always helpful with any of these new devices to have two or more batteries.  Yes, it is ridiculous to have to do this but helpful when not near a power source.

I would like to know how to get the battery percentage to show on the homescreen though.  Back in the day, there was a code to do this on the older models so I know there has to be a way to do this with the newer versions.  I will update my findings after talking to gurus who are very knowledgeable of these issues.  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
reborn2012

LOL,  I just repeated what you said.  Didn't see the newer posts.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ifraser

I would be interested to know what OS version you are not trying on this handset. App version, not bundle numbers.

Over the last week there have been 2 official OS releases by networks. 7.1.0.428 and also 7.1.0.437.

Not the newer OS was released but was missing some items and had out of date apps. I have had both on and after thorough testing 7.1.0.428 has been the better of the 2. 437 drained half my battery In 1 x 10min phones call, this had my battery at 25% by 12pm one day. Yet .428 had 65% left by 16:30 the day after

I did full wipe both times. Backed up my apps then restore onto the new OS install. Then installed my data backup and logged into my original Blackberry ID• Can't see why you would need to create a new one to help battery life.

Hope this helps.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
reborn2012

Since I am new to blackberries again, could you please tell me how to get the versiond you are speaking of? I went to software update and desktop manager to see if there were any updates and it tells me that everything is up to date.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
reborn2012

I just switched back to BB because I was tired of blending in with the iPhone and android crowd plus I like the reliabiltity for the most part of BB. No, it doesn't provide all the thousands of Apps but most of them are junk anyway. I was having mad issues getting my email set up on my BB to where I can have my older mail show up in my inbox and AT&T plus BB tech support was no help.
That's what prompted me to do all the wiping and restoring and saw some battery emprovement plus fix my original issue.
Again, back on the OS system, if you can send me the info on how to get the OS you are speaking of, I would greatly appreciate it.
I may be 47 but not to old to learn. Have a blessed and wonderful day.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ifraser

Follow the link in my signature. Our blog has all the latest versions. It has just been changed but it you search for 9900 it will bring up the latest posts. I would say use .428 from the hong kong network.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ifraser

If u need help remotely drop me a direct message. I have an hour just now I could help you out.
Please use plain text.