Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Trusted Contributor
MikeScully
My Device: Z10

Re: Bold 9900 Battery Life

I'm obviously looking at the wrong one Ian,m but The e-Cell battery that I'm looking at on e-bay is a 1930mAh but also has a notation in bold that reads: 

Note: This Replacement Gold Battery does not work with BlackBerry mobile phone with OS 7.1 version and higher

Super Contributor
ifraser

Lmao...that must be a different one definetely. I have it working. It states 2430Mah on the battery itself and it is working with 7.1. :smileyhappy:

I will look and see if I can see it and let you know.
OS10 on the Z10. A great combination.
Super Contributor
ifraser

Do a search for Gold High Capacity 2430mah

The link I sent was from the correct auction. Not sure why the different spec.

New Contributor
varol
My Device: 9900 Bold

Hi Guys, I have had the same problem with battery. Purchased 4 days ago. Today all of a sudden, battery drained within 4 hours.

I fixed the proble (I hope). In my phone, I searced for Software updates and installed the 7.0.0 Bundle 2406.

This seemed to fix my problem. After recharging the device fully, I reached 70% even though I have playing with it since more than one hour, reinstalling some apps and activating those which needed to be re - started after the full software update..

Enjoy..

Super Contributor
ifraser

@varol: first of all hi and welcome to our ongoing thread, thanks for your post but can I recommend having a read through some of the post.

This has been going on for a long time, I have acceand the experience ss to test an OS every time one leaks. 1st think is when referring to the OS number you need the app version, as a bundle number doesn't mean anything. The latest reliable OS for the 9900 is 7.1.0.428 and is an official release from some of the networks.

This will greatly help your battery and give you a whole new user experience with the phone.

I highly recommend getting a copy of this and updating your phone since you are quite new to it. Before you think it has to only last less than 8 hours. :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
varol

Thanks for your feedback. "OS 7.1.0.428" seems to be for BB 9860. To be honest, I have no idea if that makes any difference and if I can have that "428" for my 9900. I don't know. not much have experience in BB updates.

I will check my version for few days and think about your recommendation if my battery starts playing again..

Super Contributor
ifraser

The OS version appear for all phones. Check the link on my signature. We hold a store of all OS versions released. .428 was released for the 9900 before the 9860 so you might have to look back a week of so to find it.

From experience I would say get OS 7.1 on your phone soon. 7.0 was no good for the phones as the battery control wasn't good.

Hope this helps.
Super Contributor
ifraser

This is my 9900 with the standard official 7.1.0.428 installed:

http://goo.gl/kGBHZ
Contributor
Matt_G
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520

Hi all,

Just a few quick questions,

What is the maximum battery life and overall performance now with the 9900 using both the latest leak and the latest official update?

Also out of all the tested os version (either leaked or official) which one is the best for battery life and performance?

New Contributor
varol

@ifraser

the link you recommended, referred me to download the bundle 1424, which was already delivered me by the supplier. and I had battery problems with that.. a bit confused now.. Anyways, I will wait and see if I still have problems..

BTW, a valid question by a user few minutes ago, about the battery life... what is the average of hours that BB can work without charging it?. Thanks for your reply in advance.. Rgds, Varol