Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Super Contributor
ifraser
My Device: Z10

Re: Bold 9900 Battery Life

I am actually waiting for a new hybrid mix so won't be testing this OS in its plain form.

From the reports I have seen its very cool running and with it being an official release its looking good.
OS10 on the Z10. A great combination.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mohamed_essam_87
My Device: Bold 9900 - 9790 - Playbook

It is very good untill now.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
darkphenixjl
My Device: Bold 9900

I'm downloading now and am going to try and give it a spin.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MikeScully

I just downloaded 7.1.0.658  from telefonica but I had to fumble my way through it because everything was in Spanish so I'm a bit leary that the file I downloaded is the spanish version..   is that possible ?  or is it multilanguage with a prompt to choose a language when doing the install ?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ifraser

The default language for all OS's is actually US English. The Telefonica network is in a spanish speaking country but the OS is multilanguage.

Everything iinstalls as per previous OS's

Please all, unless you are on the AT and T network, don't touch the 7.1.0.694 that was released, lots of out of date files and this is causing lots of issue.

Stick with .658. It is looking really good.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MikeScully

Thanks for the speedy reply..   As always, you're right on top of things !!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ifraser

No problems.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PeterLaughton
My Device: Bold

Blackberry Bold battery life.

Noticed that battery lasts for a few days at a time, then for no apparent reason battery life falls to less than 1 day. A few days later (usually after getting a new battery), battery lasts for days again. Replace battery with "old" one and it now lasts for a few days !!! Wierd behaviour. Also noticed that locking the BB causes more battery drain than simply replacing it in holster. (Note, magnet in holster must put phone into low power mode ???) Even turning it off during its "spit the dummy discharge battery in hours mode" doesnt seem to stop the discharge from happening. Have car usb and 1.5 amp home charger, so its just a pain more than anything. Maybee the BB has a battery cycle function that activates every so often to cycle the battery ??

Peter

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ifraser

Good morning, and welcome to the discussion,

I am guessing when you say it last a couple of days that in that time it is idle and you don't use it for anything? Either that or you are using 2g networks setting?

The battery on the 9900 using 3G will only last a day and that is if you a running a newer OS that has the battery saving features.

It was slightly spec when RIM designed it but there are a number of third party battery options now that will give you a couple of days with a decent amount of use.

If you want advise on which OS to try just ask.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
wwwatch
My Device: Bold 9900 and 9700

Hi Ian et al, I have a problem updating the OS. I have installed the new OS (7.1's ,658), deleted the two vendor's files and connected the phone to the laptop.

The Desktop's SW Manager recognizes there is a new OS and prompted me to update. After agreeing to the update, the laptop has a hardtime connecting to the phone(?). It just sits at the first stage (back up stage) and just get stuck on "connecting to device".

Such issue happened with the previous version OS as well which caused me to give up updating. Would you have any suggestion for me?

Thanks.
Please use plain text.