Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Super Contributor
ifraser
My Device: Z10

Re: Bold 9900 Battery Life

Have you tried plugging the playbook into desktop manager? This might help.

I have a playbook but its running the 2.1 beta OS.

If you want to try that you can register for nothing and it should then prompt you to update.

I am assuming you have gone to updates in the menu and checked there?
OS10 on the Z10. A great combination.
Contributor
kazaka
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Hi there!

Just to update you with some information that might be interesting, specially to someone new, like me, playing around with a toy like BB Bold 9900 is.

I decided to stay for a couple of days with the bundle .391 and, at the same time, making some changes in the settings of the 9900. One of the things I changed was the "Battery Saving Mode". Now I have it "Always ON".

I charged 100% the battery of my BB last Friday afternoon (I unplugged it around 5 pm). Since then, I've been using the browser, BB App World, emails and I've made a dozen of phone calls. Let's say I've been using it moderately. Today is Sunday 8 pm and I still have 35% battery.

If it keeps giving me this performance I think I might start loving it and forget the old 9000.

Anyone have experienced the same? Two days of battery life? I truly hope this is not a dream.  :Clap:

Regular Contributor
jsbrown88
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

[ Edited ]

I have plugged it into my pc and desktop manager. It doesnt prompt me for any updates and tells me I am up to date.

Where can I register for 2.1 beta ?

Is it a normal version with everything working or is it developer only ? :smileyhappy:

Super Contributor
ifraser

It is a full os, I haven't had any issues, its on the blackberry developers page. Try googling playbook beta registration.
Super Contributor
ifraser

Kazaka, which OS are you on? What you have quoted is the app bundle.

It will have to one of the more recent ones if you have battery saving mode

Your usage I am guessing I'd 2g to get 2 days life. Even with the best hybrids we can only get a day with hard 3G usage.

Regular Contributor
jsbrown88
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

Cheers ifraser! Thanks for the help again :smileywink:

Contributor
darkphenixjl
My Device: Bold 9900

Update: 22+ hours of battery life with using all social networks on 4G usage, heavy email usage, texts, web surfing, WiFi with a couple battery pulls. Using it to its full capacity and so far it's pleasing to get this sort of batery usage.

Hopefully BB10 can get thisis right off the bat. :-)

Super Contributor
ifraser

@dark, I am guessing you network must support 3G+ then. You are lucky. With the 9900 not supporting full 4G I am waiting for Everything Everywhere to enable 3G+ in the UK. Some towns have it like London. But we don't here in Glasgow yet.

Still I am getting close to what you are with the battery using 3G and UMA.

Things are getting gradually better but as you say we need BB10 out soon. I want an LTE/4G phone. :smileyhappy:
Contributor
kazaka
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

My software is v7.1.0.391, originally from ROGERS (it came with it).

Network Mode: "3G/H+ & 2G".

Contributor
darkphenixjl
My Device: Bold 9900

Guess I was sold a bill of goods on tmobile's "4G" service here in the States, huh? Hahahaha

Regardless, it's good to get this battery life seeing as though that was one of the major concerns with the 9900.

Yes indeed, BB10 better make it to market early 2013 so we can get a real LTE/4G phone that on it's own merits will be better than those other phones.