Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
KChambers
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Bold 9900 Battery Life

For company business I've used various Blackberry devices and not been disappointed until the new bold 9900. Within 5 days the battery life reduced from 9 hours to 3.

Supplier provided me with a second battery assuming the battery was one of a bad batch. Over the last 5 days I tried various setups and usage but battery life never improved, but got worse and the phone ended up taking over functions on it's own accord.

My finds to date are as follows;

1. When the battery life drops below 65% the phone demand on the battery exceeds it's performance and the battery heats up and dies faster.

2. Below 65% the phone take over and is not controllable and crashed continually.

3. Using the lock button (top of phone) makes the battery deplete faster than just insert it back into the holster unlocked.

Hopefully this can be correct as all other functions of the phone superb.

KC

Please use plain text.
New Developer
slava888
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Bold 9900 Battery Life

Welcome to the club. 

What version of OS you have on your 9900?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KChambers

OS is currently 7.0.0 Bundle 1465.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LittlleBill
My Carrier: Vodafone

Really? I'm getting about a day and halfs use out of it before the battery dies, much better than my previous bold which would last 24hrs tops.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ajheir
My Device: BB 9700
My Carrier: STC

agree with every point you mentioned... as i am facing the same issue...i am on the same OS & Bundle 1465....
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ajheir
My Device: BB 9700
My Carrier: STC

can you confirm what social apps you have on your machine... as i think it's got something to do with that...i am removing all and testing tomorrow...
Please use plain text.
wangdawei
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: China Mobile

I just bought my Blackberry bold 4 days ago and the battery life is down to less than 3 hours with almost no usage. 

For some reason, the phone is surely not fast and always keeps processing sth. Moreover, the phone is warmer than usual at all times and gets hot as soon as I try to charge it.

I'm going to stick with my backup and trusted Nokia till this is resolved!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KChambers

Social Apps are as delivered, Facebook, twitter.......

I don't use any of them.

Please use plain text.
dbrad87
My Device: Bold 990
My Carrier: Rogers

I have had my Bold 9900 for two weeks now and came across this post.

Basically, you have to go to your network connections, then mobile network, and switch from3g/H+ & 2G to just 3G/H+ or 2G. Your battery will last you 10x more.

The battery drains because it's faster internet connection, and if you have other apps running like Facebook or Twitter, or games, or even your little security vault, you need to close them down, and keep the apps you are using, running. Some apps like your texts, phone call, and BBM will always be running, but just hold your menu key down and close the other apps down. That will also save you. You only use the 3G/H+ & 2G if you need to google something, or get quick access to your browser.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KChambers

Please use plain text.