Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Super Contributor
ifraser
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Re: Bold 9900 Battery Life

It shouldn't take too long for a solution to appear. Its not long out and the OS's are gradually getting better even though they aren't perfect.
OS10 on the Z10. A great combination.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ifraser

Too be honest if you aren't using the handset live on a network you probably won't see too many battery issues.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LouMartinez
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Globe

just got my 9900 last week and I can't believe that the battery is so bad for this unit, planning to buy 9780 instead, do u think that's a good idea, or should I just wait till there an update for the OS or a resolution? open for any suggestions here. I would appreaciate it if u can give me some advise or help. thanks in advance...

tweet me @ loumartinez_01

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
wwwatch
My Device: Bold 9900 and 9700
My Carrier: Taiwan mobile

Lou, no one can be sure if there will be any OS that can fix the dang battery issue.

Basically RIM cheated on the spec; I monitored the Application Management function and notice that during idle, CPU usage is approx 4-5% only (95, 96% free). With such low CPU/system demand (and screen off during idle) the battery issue still so prominent therefore there might be no hope.

I think as long people continue to buy / keep the 9900 RIM will have less and less incentive to fix anything.

The company is going into the hell hole. Their taiwan factory has laid off bunch of people. Maeket Share has dropped like a rock from 15% last year to only 10%(iPhone / Samsung has gained all the shares from everyone; RIM lost the most) Looks like they would rather spend their resource (read: money) doing marketing (read: pushing for more sale) and spend less on doing things that doesn't gain new business.

These guys are onto short-term survive mode since they can't affort to worry about longer term customer loyalty anymore.

If they have any customer satisfaction concept in mind they would at least show some official gesture that they, a) recoginze the problem, b) announce a fix is in place, c) provide a timeline when the fix will be implemented. Very basic stuff.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gsbingel
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I totally agree. I just got a new battery for my 9900 from T-Mobile and my phone is worse than it was with the old battery. It was freezing and having long delays with 50% battery life left. I have had an 8300, 8900, and now 9900. The 9900 has the worst battery by far and there is constantly issues with this version. Fix it now BB!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gsbingel

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ifraser

I am a long term user and abuser of blackberry's and although I am not overly happy with the battery its bearable.

Yes, my 9700 was a lot betteron battery, but it wasn't half the phone spec this unit is.

Blackberry have lots of new things in the pipeline and once 7.1 appears the issues should start to disappear a bit.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gsbingel

Buy and iPhone. I have had the 8300, 8900, and 9900 and the 9900 is an amazing phone, but a new issue occurs each day. If T-Mobile offerred the iPhone I would have bought it, but they don't so I'm stuck with a BB.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
wwwatch

I'm so hoping this 7.1 will really fix the 9900.

I'm not able to find opportunity to charge the phone during the day. When the phone quites at 3pm everyday under medium usage I am left with 4+ hours without a phone rest of the day. That's not something I would choose even if the phone came to me for free, let alone it costs a good chunk of change.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
wwwatch

BTW, besides the touch screen (which I think it's some luxury feature since the track button works really well) and faster processor (which the bottleneck is really at the connection/signal), is 9900 really 2x the phone of 9700?

I have used 9700 for 1.5 yrs and am not finding a really huge jump when I got on the 9900.
Please use plain text.