Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Sorry-Phone9900-S_A
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Bold 9900 Battery Life

Welcome to the club, 1/2 a day and its calling for a recharge, my Torch lasted up to 3 days, and want to kill the 9900, use the bluetooth, I run bluetooth in my vehicle, 4 hours is the best you will get.

Have we bought a white elephant??

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
baggiesads
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange UK

Don't know but everyone's saying the same about this battery come on RIM sort it out

tweet me
Please use plain text.
maxwas
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: o2

I bought my phone a couple of weeks back and was seriously disappointed with the battery, I was thinking of going back to my trusty 9780! The phone was charged fully in the morning and was sitting at 40% by midday with moderate usage. I had tried all the battery saving tricks with no joy.

I then read that if you stick to the default home screen pics supplied then it has a dramatic effect on the battery life. I had a hi-res pic of my baby girl on the home screen, so I removed and went back to the normal pics and guess what... I am getting 2 days easy out of my battery, I can't believe this has worked! I am much happier with the phone now :Clap:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fabberry23
My Carrier: T-Mobile (Germany)

[ Edited ]

Ok... seems that everybody here has the same problem and if we report more and more of the same stories it will have no effect... not one single official answer here. So RIM is trying to sit & wait, like they always did and this is why they are now where they are... 

... maybe we could start up a HOTLIST of consumers that a not longer willing to live with that situation. I really dont know which offical way we could send that list and get all names and maybe PINS together but if anybody has an idea - POST IT!!!

What do you think?? If not WE do anything RIM will not even move their **bleep** either - Like seen on the 3 day fallout of the BIS/BES services.  

Bold 9900 (yet)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kevin168
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Indosat

This is bad support from RIM already,
I've been replaced with 2 original batteries with no improvement at all.
Also try many software for battery boost, same problem still occured.

Based on my phone I've used, I only get 8hours battery life, with same workload I used in my previous onyx that actually can stand for 2days.

The only solution that I have used for now is "switch" mobile network connection to 2G only.
Don't know why but itks worked. My 9900 can stay alive at least for 1day without any recharge.

I think RIM have a problem with this 3G Network.
This phone was consume too many energy when using 3G Network.

Even the android phones has a better lifetime comparing to this 9900.

Hope will get the answer or solution from the official RIM support.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

I had an issue with my battery right from the start.  So much so that I was about to return my phone.  I decided to reload the OS to my phone and it appears to have worked.  Funny thing is it wasn't even a different OS, I just reloaded the exact same one.  It might be worth a try.

I hope that's been helpful to everyone.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Toro20
My Carrier: Gloworld

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Toro20
My Carrier: Gloworld

I switched to 2G and backlight dim on. The battery lasts more. But it does not make sense to use in 2G
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kevin168
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Indosat

Badly, but that is the only way to save battery at this time.
Just used 3G when u need faster connection.

I don't think any sw update or reloading OS will fixed this issue.

Actually I've reload it 5x and it's didn't make any improvement.
Already try with latest beta OS .440
Please use plain text.
justinbowen
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

I am having the exact same problem. Also build 1465. Totally annoying as you have to charge the phone 3 times a day!

Please use plain text.