Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

justinbowen
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Bold 9900 Battery Life

I will try anything at this point in time!
Contributor
Vundla
My Device: 9900

[ Edited ]

After my post on this previously in this thread, my battery life has improved and I now get about 8am - 23:00 on a charge. That assumes few calls, plenty emails, very little internet browsing (internet browsing is the biggest battery killer!).

I don't think I'd be able to get 24 hours - ie a night without charger - but even a full day with moderate usage is still disappointing - you'd think that a business phone would be able to last at leats a day with extensive use.

I've not upgraded my OS, but take care to shut down apps after use. Wifi is also switched off, as is bluetooth and NFC etc.

Right now I'm 6 hours into my day and battery indicator says 75%

Super Contributor
baggiesads
My Device: bold 9900

mines still shocking!

Orange UK are waiting for blakberry to come back confirming what OS7 will be updated

tweet me
Super Contributor
ifraser
My Device: Z10

You will find Orange very slow,  i actually took a handset from a high street store rather than

direct from orange due to them being so slow at releasing the handset.

I wiped the phone straight away and installed .440 on it,  get at least a day with heavy usage,  use nfc

to turn on and off wireless leaving the house,  and bluetooth in and out of the car.

The battery life will get better over time with future OS updates same as the OS6 for the 9700 which

i had before.

Just persavere with the phone,  it is a great handset,

OS10 on the Z10. A great combination.
Contributor
mayami
My Device: Bold 9700

Experiencing same low batter life on 9900:

7.0 Bundle 1346 (c7.0.9.261, platform 5.0.0.464)

Any ideas when BB will have a OS 7 update release?

Super Contributor
ifraser

The current version released in the wild is 7.0.0.440 with platform 5.0.0.610 so you do the update now. Will give you an improvement on the phone.
Super Contributor
ifraser

Sorry that should say you could do the update now.
Visitor
faltares

Add me to the list of unhappy people!  I registered here just so I can voice my concerns about the battery life.

I only get 4 hours also!  If I go to sleep without charging my phone, it is dead by the time I wake up! 

I've tried everything suggested on this thread.

- I've tried every OS update

- dimming my brightness, changing to 3G/H+ only

- turning wifi/bluetooth off

I want to throw this phone against the wall!!!!!!

ASDLFIAJES LLISAE JLIAE JSLIR JS;LRI JALIESR

Contributor
Vundla
My Device: 9900

[ Edited ]

I also initially registered just to voice my disgust with the 9900's battery, and possibly finding a solution (see post a page or two back). I was also only getting half a day of charge.

While my "happiness" now is all relative, I now get a full day out of this battery. Right now, 14 hours after charging, I'm on 70% SOC. Admittedly the phone hasn't been used much today - bit of browsing, numerous emails and a few SMS, possibly one call. Earlier in my phone's life I'd be dead in the water by now.

So just possibly the batter, after 30-odd charges, is now in a better state than initially. I still have to charge it overnight but at least I'm getting through a day - unless I use it more heavily when it gets a bit tight towards the evening.

Still, unacceptable in my mind - a business phone must be able to take abuse for a full day without constantly worrying about the battery. I'm still on the .296 version OS.

New Contributor
fabberry23

There must be some hassle with the battery of the ipnone 4s... So Apple react whinin 4 days and gave a feedback - And believe me, there is much less webtalk about the iphone 4s battery than the 9900. So... what does RIM do... JEP...

This is new Porsche...BLA BLAA...  COME ON... For me and my Company (40 Phones)  :::: we just canceled with RIM!

Bold 9900 (yet)