Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
deptic2111
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Bold 9900 Dead

I had the screen on my bold 9900 changed and after replacement, it won't turn on (not even red light shows) Please help me. I plugged it into the wall with no battery but still no light. does not detect by PC. Please help! :smileysad:

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Bold 9900 Dead

Who fixed the screen for you? I'd take it back to them as it sounds like they might have done something else to the phone. Alternately, if the phone is still under warranty, take it back to Rogers for warranty assistance. Given that you aren't getting any response, even without the battery and when the phone is plugged in, there isn't much that can be suggested. It would seem to indicate an electrical fault somewhere.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
deptic2111
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

well seem that i was opened it has no warranty :smileysad:

please give me some options. Can i let it stay on charger for couple hours?? maybe red light comes on?

gave it to phone repair person near me.

Elite I
Krypto

I would take it back to the cell phone repair shop. If it didn't turn on from the moment you left the shop, then they are responsible for it.

I'll post other steps to try again in the morning.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Elite I
Krypto

This is what I would try:

1. Charge it for 2 hours using the BlackBerry wall charger.
2. Follow the steps in the link below to reload your software with one adjustment:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

When you get to Step 2/3, your computer may not recognize your phone (on the second page of the application loader software). If this is the case, unplug your phone from your computer and remove the battery. Once you've done this, plug your phone back into your computer. As soon as your PIN or PIN: UNKNOWN pops up, press next. If you miss it, don't worry, just repeat. Once your computer has connected to your phone and you're able to start the OS reload process, reinsert your battery and complete the OS reload.

Hopefully that will do it, but if not, then you're likely looking at a hardware problem.