Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
rebeccaegan
My Device: Blackberry 9900

Bold 9900 Froze... Now Won't Turn On

Hi there,

I see that a lot of people have had trouble with their 9900s not turning on or charging. I've tried connecting the phone to the computer and it will not recognize it, the instructions for making a device recognized is not working either. There was no water damage. Is there any way to fix this? Could it be the battery? 

Any help would be appreciated, I've had three blackberries die on me in the last 18 months, so am getting quite fed up. 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360

Re: Bold 9900 Froze... Now Won't Turn On

Hello

In such cases my first step is a safe boot because it does not allow 3rd party apps to boot up.

To begin: remove the battery and press the "back key" (hair pin bend arrow key pointing left) and keep it pressed down and insert the battery. If you see loading bar only release the key when its a quarter of the way. The phone should boot into safe mode. Now remove 3rd party apps. And reboot normally.

If that fails: remove the battery and now press and keep the "end call" button held down and replace battery, red led should come on. Now press "call button" for 3 seconds, next press "end call" ....keep alternating between these two buttons until hour glass appears this should reste the power management system.

I have posted the power management system trick many times but it has worked only a few times.

If it fails I would like to try again but this time remove the batter and connect the charger and now press "end call" and while still being held down insert the battery.........at this point follow the instructions above.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360

Re: Bold 9900 Froze... Now Won't Turn On

Sorry I made error back there

In the second method to reset power management system:

• Remove battery
• Hold down "end call" button and keep it pressed and now connect charger (red led may come on)
• Replace the battery
• Now release "end call button" and press "call button" for 3 seconds ........release it and press "end call"..........continue pressing these two buttons until hour glass appears.
Please use plain text.