Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Confyzone
My Device: Q10 SQN100-1
My Carrier: Rogers

Bold 9900 Light Sensor

I've been having issues with my BB9900 for the past few months. It seems whenever I come under direct sunlight the sensor automatically drops the backlight. I can still barely make out the screen however I have to cover the sensor to get the backlight to come back on. It has become quite an annoyance as I find I can't use my phone outside during the day anymore.

I have my backlight set at 10 currently with automatic on. I have tried to turn it to 100 and turn off automatic however that didn't resolve my issue.

BerryLeaks Co-Founder

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Bold 9900 Light Sensor

You'll have to keep fiddling with the sensor settings as you've been doing until you find a setting with which you're comfortable.  The design of the phone's light sensor makes use of the surrounding light or lack thereof to adjust the screen's brightness.  There's no way to tell the phone not to do that, you can only find a setting you like.

I hope that clears things up for you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Confyzone
My Device: Q10 SQN100-1

Re: Bold 9900 Light Sensor

Thanks for the quick reply, however I've read this is an issue for multiple 9900 users. So i'm just trying to figure out a sure fire way to solve this as no matter what setting of brightness I put my screen too, as soon as daylight hits that sensor it shuts off completely. Worst part is i can't even take a picture to explain it right now.

BerryLeaks Co-Founder

Please use plain text.