Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Bold 9900 Not charging in my car

I have had a problem my Blackberry 9900 stopped charging in my car. sent back to Blackberry for repair under warrentee , the phone was only six months old. Very annoyed to recieve a letter from from Blackberry via the Orange shop telling me that the problem was caused by damp. I explained that the phone had not been near to any sourse of damp. To cut a long story short I was forced to claim a new phone on my insurance which cost me £50 exccess.

The new phone was delivered a few days ago, lo and behold it has the same problem , will not charge on the car charger . the Orange shop have replaced the car charger but still no difference ,also no difference in other cars, my wife has a Blackberry curve which charges with no problem using the same charger. I am just about to make another insurance claim and are not pleased with the feedback from Blackberry.    Someone please help.                                                                 Graeme.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

Re: Bold 9900 Not charging in my car

Is the charger a genuine blackberry accesory. If not, please verify that the charger matches the recommended specifications for the BB 9900.

The Blackberry curve requires lesser current and hence it is possible that the charger may charge the curve. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.