Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
wielietjies
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodacom

Bold 9900 Photos from iphone to BB

Hi Guys, I'm new to the BB family!  I had a iphone 4 and wish to know how to get my photos from the iphone to my BB.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Bold 9900 Photos from iphone to BB

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

IMHO, the best method to move files to your BB (from your computer) is via Mass Storage Mode:

• KB11879 What is mass storage mode
  • KB23450 Copy documents to a BlackBerry smartphone using Mass Storage Mode

You may want to alter slightly from those instructions so as to place the photos into the proper folder(s) on your BB.

As for how to get your photos from your iPhone to your computer, well that's a function of your iPhone, so you need to seek help for that elsewhere.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
elessar
My Device: Z30 | Z10 | Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Bold 9900 Photos from iphone to BB

To get your photos off the iPhone, you have a couple of options that I'm aware of.  First, get them off the iPhone:

1)  Using iTunes, sync the photos to your "Pictures" folder on your desktop.  Or,

2)  If you're on iOS 6.x, plug the iPhone into your desktop.  Go to My Computer after a few moments.  You should see the iPhone appear as a removeable drive.  You'll have to drill down through a couple of folder levels, but you'll find the photos there.

I recommend option 2 (if you're on iOS 6.x) as it's a lot easier.

Once you've found your photos, I'd copy them to a folder on your desktop, then copy to your BB media card, following the method listed here already by sdgardne.

Hope this helps. ~ecm