Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Daavviiee
My Device: Bold - 9900
My Carrier: O2

Bold 9900 Service Issues

Im unaware whether my phone has a faulty service reciever or if the signal in my area is bad, but most of my texts do not send and i recieve error messages such as 'Retries Exceeded' 'Mobile Equipment Status Failed' and i think another one.

But recently my phones service will go from 3G full bar strength to searching for service untill it gives up and says that i have no service, when this happens - and it has happened 4 times today - i turn of mobile network in the manage connections tab and turn it back on and it will go back up to 3G and I wont have moved at all so its not like i went into a building that blocks signal or anywhere that i would loose signal. 

I was just wondering if this is a known error or if its just my phone.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Bold 9900 Service Issues

Hello Daavviiee and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone and mobile network coverage.

SMS or text messaging is a carrier controlled feature. Since you are experiencing issues with this as well as mobile coverage, it would be advised to contact your mobile carrier for investigation.

Hope this helps!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
trunchino
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: MTN nigeria

Re: Bold 9900 Service Issues

Hi guys ps I need help, my blackberry 9900 had being displaying sos in the network bar since 3 days now, I've tried battery pull a hundred times, switched off/on the network several times still no network. Am runinng an OS 7.1.0.342(1149)
Please use plain text.