Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
elsawafh
My Device: Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

Bold 9900 Shuts down and restarts on its own frequently and repetively

Any advice

New Contributor
elsawafh

Re: Bold 9900 Shuts down and restarts on its own frequently and repetitively

When updated the software to version 7.0.0 bundle 2406 it stopped that behavior and working properly now

Ehfaz

I have upgraded the OS to the latest build i.e. 7.1.0 Bundle 2061 however still the issue exists!

New Contributor
elsawafh

Hey, can you please advise on how to get the OS 7.0.1 bundle 2061?

Ehfaz

You can simply download it from your options

Options | Device | Software Updates

If you see any new update download and install it.

Make sure you cannot use your phone for nearly 4 hours when the update is being applied.

Though BB says 2 hours but its way more than 2 hours. It took 4 hours for my BB

JLS1
My Device: BOLD 9900 X 2

Re: Bold 9900 Shuts down and restarts on its own frequently and repetively

With every available upgrade (currently 2108) and no odd apps either running or installed I have been mystified why my 9900 will shut down and reboot autonomously. I was even more surprised to determine it's actually a mechanical issue: The battery, even though it connects to the unit with spring-loaded contacts, is still able to move enough during normal (not rough) use has enough play to break the battery circuit momentarily. My solution is good old "red and green": duct tape along the top and sides enough to wedge the battery in place. This issue started not long after I took delivery over a year ago. Complaints to Rogers resulted in the usual software updating and a sense of not really being believed. Now the unit is out of warranty I guess I stuck with it. Let's hope the battery is as stuck as I am!! Seems kinda sad don't you think?

Dunrobin

Really?  Blackberry can't tell everyone this?  It has to come from a consumer?  I can see why Blackberry is in trouble.  I have been searching for the answer since I bought the POC almost two years ago.  Really???

Thanks for the answer.  Too bad the people that get paid to figure this out can't do their job.  Maybe Blackberry is full of volunteers?  Why don't they have an email address for problems like this.  I can't afford to to back to where I purchased it to get it looked at ever.  I don't have the time.  Unless they are open at midnight when I am not working...

Now if I can find the answer for the line across the top of my screen that keeps changing colours and won't go away no matter what is done......

OMG!

Okulazzy
My Device: Blackberry 9650

Please someone should help me out on my blackberry bold 9650, when I snap a picture I will see the picture but when I want to view the picture full side it will not show. Please help out.