Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Bold 9900, Shutting down without computer connected, Battery pull to reboot.

No problem, and sorry there isn't more I could have done. By the way, the phone can't be a year old yet if its a 9900 as they were only released last summer.

Maybe you can do something with that info. Smiley Happy

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9930 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9900 -> Q10
My Carrier: Fido Canada

Re: Bold 9900, Shutting down without computer connected, Battery pull to reboot.

Hmmmm... Now that is an interesting turn of events. I shall have to delve into this further. Thanks for the info. 

Remember, There is never a stupid question, just stupid answers.

("If any advice that was offered by me helped, Please click on the Thumbs up on the post or click Accept as Solution. Thanks and it was nice to help you out ")

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9930 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9900 -> Q10

[ Edited ]

Ok Krypto, are you ready for this? Nothing to do with the warranty coverage but I have found a way to keep it on even unplugged. WiFi. As long as WiFi is on the phone remains running. Ok, now I can officially add BT to the list of other programs that keep it up and running. Those seem to be the only two though. Going to try it out for a few days with either the BT or WiFi on and see how it goes. Any idea which one draws less power? LoL

("If any advice that was offered by me helped, Please click on the Thumbs up on the post or click Accept as Solution. Thanks and it was nice to help you out ")

Elite I

So bizarre!!!

I keep both on all the time and its fine. Bluetooth should use less battery power though. Smiley Happy

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Trusted Contributor

Yep, it has been running all day, no freezing. Aside from a dramatic battery drain, 7.5% per hour and that is without any testing or calls. But it is still running. Now I am lost, and the Seller has not answered my messages.. LOL Go Figure..

Elite I

Yup, go figure. At least you've got it working. As to the battery usage, that's pretty normal for my phone. Today's been a crazy BBM day, so I'm actually at 15.5% usage right now (eek!).

Trusted Contributor

Well then, looking at Battery drains of the proportions you are dealing with, I will consider myself lucky and look for an extended Battery and cover to see how that works out.. Need a new one anyway, might as well go for the Tim the Toolman Battery.. You know, the kind you carry on your back. LOL, More Power...

Elite I

Lol... 7-8% usage is fairly typical though. I've seen it drop to 3% with minimal usage.

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9930
My Carrier: globacom

@daedalusWren your trick is working for me...awesome....mine started the constant switching off few days ago. I can only switch it on by doing a battery pull and plugging it to a USB or power charger...Mine has been up for 1hr nw....pray it remains like this....I ve been wondering if the 7.1.0.428 update will do the magic...thanks a lot for saving my BB.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9930 Verizon
My Carrier: Viettel

I have the same problem, the same symptom but with 9930. Anyone can advise how to fix it? Thanks