Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ripper80
My Device: Bold 9900

Bold 9900 - T-Mobile

I am NEW to the Blackberry world, and bought it because it appears to the phone choice of all major companies.  Thinking that this meant the phone would be secure and more user friendly, I purchased this phone.  But it appears that this phone has the least number of applications, and when I install one that I think will help with my daily tasks, I am met with popup ads so that I can download additional apps, or I am sent constant text messages usually 3 at a time, to check out some addtional apps.  Is this how the professional phone company works?  Allowing all kinds of developers for the phone's apps to SPAM the people who unwittingly install their applications?

Isn't there a way to prevent all this?  It appears that even though my phone is not connected to a business exchange account, that I still have very little control over the actual phone, and the things that are "presented" to me.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Bold 9900 - T-Mobile

It all depends on which apps you download.  Some free apps will push offers to your phone in exchange for giving you the initial app for free.  I'm lucky, I've received no such offers.

I hope this unfortunately experience does not taint your opinion of BlackBerry phones.  Overall, I've found the whole BlackBerry experience to be most rewarding. 

I would suggest you take note of which free apps you've downloaded and do not download more apps from those companies.  Posting your findings about such apps and hearing from others on community forums would also be advisable.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.