Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

ljripper
My Device: Bold 9900

Bold 9900 Text Messages won't scroll

I've found that the longer threads in my text messages on my Bold won't let me scroll up through the older texts, I can only see what will fit on the screen. Threads with only a couple of messages don't have the same problem. Any thoughts?

abevin16
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Re: Bold 9900 Text Messages won't scroll

I have the same problem. I can't scroll (by touch or trackpad thing) through a lot of my messages. I've taken the battery out several times to try and reset the phone -- no luck. It's also been freezing up a bit. I've only had it for 2 1/2 weeks.

hatethisphone
My Device: bold 9900

I have the same proublem, is getting very annoying. Ready to take back phone.

New Contributor
nexxtstop
My Device: Blackberry 9900

Wow, same here! My texts msgs won't scroll up. I love this phone and everything but this is the only downside to it! I've tried everything, it has happened to me a few times like today and I told my friend to text me and it worked. This happened in his own texts conversation of course. I can usually get it back to scrolling like normal but it takes awhile after fiddling but I can never figure out what I did!

snowgurl687
My Device: blackberry bold 9900

Hey ! my phone does the samen thing , but I figured out a way to let you scroll up ! I've tried it a few times so it should work ,

Ok so when you are in a text message , at the top it says who you are texting in the black box,

step 1: click on it to open contact
step 2: go down to recent activities and it should show the last message.
step 3: click on that message
step 4: scroll up to your previous messages :smileyhappy:

Hope this will work for you ! :smileyhappy:
treyder
My Device: BB Bold 9900

Same problem here and here's my work-around. From within "Text messages" go to "options" and change "Conversation Style". Just change it, if it's set to "bubbles" change it to "stripes", and vice versa. (remember to save of course) You will discover that scrolling now works BUT ONLY UNTIL something (whatever it is) sets it off again. Like I said, this is just a workaround and not really a solution. I'll be watching this thread for hopefully a better way. I hope it will not be OS version upgrade. :mansad:

New Contributor
abottrill
My Device: Tour 9630

I am having the exact same issue and I'm ready to return the phone.  The previously mentioned work-arounds are not working and I'm kind of getting a little ticked off.  I'm constantly getting made fun of for sticking with blackberry and I defend them to the bitter end... but this is a ridiculous problem that should be FIXED.  I cannot scroll back on ANY texts.  So all of that data is completely lost.  I've had to ask multiple people to resend information because my stupid phone won't let me view it.  BLACKBERRY ARE YOU LISTNENING?????

treyder
My Device: BB Bold 9900

@abotrill for my workaround make sure you are doing it from the topmost level where you can see all your conversations.

Once you have drilled down into a specific conversation it will not work anymore.

I hear you about have to defend to BB to the death. At least if you can get this workaround to work, you won't have to ask people to resend, which is a big thing right there and then. G'luck..

GAMMAlines
My Device: blackberry bold-9900

Same issues , this is a great phone with high price , then it shouldn’t has these problems

I hope rim going to be fix it  

stilehaus
My Device: Bold 9900

I have a friend with a torch that has this issue, my wife has a new curve with this issue, and I have a new 9900 that also has the same issue. I thought that Black Berry was a decent product and that is why I use them, however this is an annoying issue that needs to be resolved, don't let everyone down by dropping the ball RIM. Give us a FIX