Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
curtishaynie
My Device: Bold 990

Bold 9900 Trackpad WILL NOT scroll in New Mail message or in a text message conversation

[ Edited ]

Issue: 

When I compose a New Mail message the trackpad will not scroll between fields (To: CC: Bcc:, etc). Also, when I open a text message conversation I cannot scroll through a singular conversation. Other than these two scenarios the trackpad works flawlessly. There is no hesitation or slowness when using the phone or the trackpad otherwise.

Troubleshooting steps:

First phone - First started in February 2013 

Blackberry Bold 9900 

OS 7.1.0 Bundle 1997

- Pull battery (multiple times): Resolves issue with varrying success for 2-7 days; issue always returns

- Reflash the latest updates with BDM

-brought to AT&T Device Support center where they pulled the battery (which fixed it again), but they replaced the phone with a new 9900

Second phone - recv'd in March 2013 did not produce same issue until beginning of June 2013

Blackberry Bold 9900 

OS 7.1.0 Bundle 2435

- same steps as above

AT&T store suggested clearing call log, deleteing old message to fix the issue. I did not do that because I do not have many and it does not seem to be causing slowness anywhere else but in the two scenarios above.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Please use plain text.
Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Bold 9900 Trackpad WILL NOT scroll in New Mail message or in a text message conversation

Hey curtishaynie,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

I would suggest backing up and doing a clean reload of the BlackBerry® device software as shown here: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320. Please test before restoring any data to the device.

If this resolves the issue do a selective restore of essential data (Address Book, Calendar, Task, Memos, BBM contacts etc.)
How to use BlackBerry® Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry® smartphone from a backup file
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339.

If the issue still persists after the reload, further investigation might be required. To help further diagnose the cause, contact your wireless service provider or BlackBerry® Technical Support Services for further review and support.

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.