Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
BGIBound
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Bold 9900 Trackpad moves on its own

So is the only solution to change the device?

I have a new Bold 9900 with the same problem -- the cursor will skip to the top of any active screen. I am definitely not touching the trackpad when this happens.

Crackberry forum has the same issue listed without any resolution. This device error makes it inoperable for me.

New Contributor
funkman
My Device: 9930

deffinatly change your device. i changed mine and i have not had the problem since. 

New Contributor
Xav_d
My Device: 9900

Well this is my second BB Bold 9900 in 3 weeks. First I had a software problem, the phone would not boot up and would just restart. On Monday i picked up my new replacemeant hand set today 3days later I'm experincig my trackpad scrolling down on it's own at times. It's not frequent but cumon now this is a brand new phone. Anyway of to get my 3rd 9900 in 3weeks tomorrow. Is there really a "Bad Batch" of 9900's that RIM maybe released. I don't want to have any problems again, i like this phone but it's very problematic.

Xavin Dayal
toelle
My Device: bold 9900

I agree!

Same issue.

New Contributor
SolarStone

hi ppl

ive just registred to say that its same here

And i want to share my bad experience with u my friend. It intensively jumps to top when its dark around. Have u felt it before?

New Contributor
Graaff
My Device: Blackberry 9900 Bold

:smileysad:(((:Oops:  I have same problem!!!

Can RIM help us?!?!?

New Contributor
Graaff
My Device: Blackberry 9900 Bold

Bold 9900 Trackpad PROBLEMS!!!!

WHERE IS RIM?!?!?!

WHY NOBODY WANTS TO HELP US????

Im getting mad!!!!

thedeathblow
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Bold 9900 Trackpad PROBLEMS!!!!

I got the same problem , my track pad sometimes is going to the left. mine is made in Mexico 4. and it's updated to the latest V.

Any idea how to fix this? 

New Contributor
BGIBound
My Device: Bold 9900

I did have the device changed. Initially they tried to re-install the OS. When they handed it back to me I turned it on and it went immediately into BSOD...then they just gave me a new Bold 9900. There is some minor cursor jumping between the body and the to/from fields but it's infrequent and does not render the device inoperable as before. Solution as stated by others is definitely to have the device replaced. Do not accept that this a software issue. It is a hardware issue. It has nothing to do with the optical reader or screen protectors.
New Contributor
SolarStone

it is not a software problem, its hardware physical problem definitely. Change your trackpad.

I have sold my phone to hell...