Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Bold 9900 Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error

MY BOLD 9900 IS RUNNING ON OS V 7.1 AND I WHEN EVER I START UP MY BB IT GETS A POP UP SAYING: "Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error".

NOW I HAVE RELOADED THE OS AND DONE MANY THINGS TO CURE IT I RESEARCHED EVERYTHING TO FIX THIS ERROR BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK ANY IDEAS ???

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Bold 9900 Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error

Hi psn93

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you already tried reload without success, then you may need to use some third party software like BBSAK to compltely wipe your device and then load a fresh OS pack on your device.In addition please remember after installing the OS don't restore anything from the backup files,do a selective restore i;e , restore only your Contacts and calander entries. Try this again :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here and Install it in your PC or Laptop Carriers

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

•     Then if it allow  perform your backup of your device.

3.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) Skip step- 3 if using your Carrier OS pack .

•     C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  •     C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

4. Use BBSAK from  http://bbsak.org/   and wipe the device then after you get the error 507 ( no OS ) then proceed to next step.

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Update will continue just follow the onscreen instructions,when it completes see if problem resolves.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

I've wiped my bevice with BBSAK and reloaded the OS and didnt restore any back up files.... I restored my contacts usiing BB protect and restore my BBM contacts via BBID restore but still I get the error. I even uninstalled wikitude and all my games thinking those were the culprits but I still get the same error message.

Last time I wiped which was 2 days ago I only upgraded BB protect, BB application resource monitor, facebook n twitter then I reinstalled BBM n Whatsapp.... when I restarted my phone this morning the error message was back. What am I not doing ???

Elite II

Hi ajxmgt

If still error appearing then I am sure anyone within your installed application is responsible . Can you try removing whatapp from your device then do a battery pull and see if that error re-appear.

Also you can try this : On your Homescreen Hold  alt key and type lglg , It will pop up a screen within that screen watch carefully , Scroll down and look for anything related to  " Uncaught Exception :  " when you find it click on that and see with which application it is associated .And I assume Uninstalling that application will resolve this error.

Can you try that ?

KB29215 : How to view event logs on a BlackBerry smartphone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I found these errors in the event log:
Name: BBmVoIP
GUID: 6aa9f40234f4ea59
Time: Jan 09, 2013 11:25:03
ERRO 6529_BbmVoip2012_PMP:R Problem parsing or end of streamnet.rim.device.api.io.ConnectionClosedException: Stream closed

Name: BBmVoIP
GUID: 6aa9f40234f4ea59
Time: Jan 09, 2013 11:00:06
ERRO 6498_BbmVoip2012_TCM:notifyInterfaceReady

Does this mean my bbm has a problem???
Elite II

Hi ajxmgt

Where are you located i;e your country , Inaddition to this please search again there must be somthing else which might end with : java.lang.error . can you find that ? 

New Contributor

I'm in Nigeria. And I just deleted whatsappp and restarted the phone and the error is still poping up. I'll check the event log again and see what elsei can find
New Contributor

I found this:

Name: System
GUID: 97c9f5f641d25e5f
Time: Jan 09, 2013 11:47:30
JVM:INFOp=28b78233,a='7.1.0.746',o='5.1.0.546',h=7001204

Can't find nothing else yet other than what I posted before
Elite II

ajxmgt wrote:
I found this:

Name: System
GUID: 97c9f5f641d25e5f
Time: Jan 09, 2013 11:47:30
JVM:INFOp=28b78233,a='7.1.0.746',o='5.1.0.546',h=7001204

Can't find nothing else yet other than what I posted before

Is this error ends with Java.lang.error or starts with Uncaught Exception in the event log ? Also Ican see you are having OS 7.1.0.746, Is that your Carrier OS pack and did you encountered any error during update ? 

Highlighted
New Contributor

I updated it myself via blackberry softwae download. I deleted the vendor.xml and I've never encounterd this problem ( 7.1.0.712 was my previous os which I updated the same way) and I had been using this os for about a month before this started