Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Bold 9900 Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error

Hi ajxmgt 

Can you try Uninstalling BBM from Options > Device > Application Management > then perform a battery pull restart  , for the time being to see if error resolves .

You can Install BBM again after , from your BlackBerry browser browse to www.blackberry.com/bbm to download it again.

If error still persist then can you perform a Clean Reload of your device Software ? It won't take much time hardly 15 to 20 min. And see if that helps in resolving your issue.But as already mentioned don't restore any Application from your backup , you can install them fresh from app world .Here is the KB on how to perform a Clean reload :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows.

But first do your backup , this process delete all datas.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

I'll do that and see how it goes
New Contributor
My Carrier: Airtel

Okay I eventually found out the problem was the twitter upgrade and it still does the same thing everytime I reinstall twitter on my bb I even downgraded to os 7.1.0.428 and I still get Java lang error once I install twitter.

what do I do now?
New Contributor
My Device: q5
My Carrier: mobily

i have exactly the same error and now am trying to fix it through the previous posts but no solution since 3 weeks :smileysad:

New Contributor
My Carrier: DU

Ok I figured this out

1) alt lglg - this will show the entire event log
2) click the blackberry key then select "options"

what we want to do is basically see what application or applications in the event log is causing the error,
In order to do that...

3) Click the blackberry key again... Select "hide all types"

Now we don't see anything in the event log, all the filters are unselected,

Scroll down in the list till you find the "java exception" filter, click it... You will see a small menu , select "toggle filter"

Now you will see exactly what application or applications is causing the java exception error :-)

Mine was facebook, it could be anything you never know,

Now.... Open up blackberry desktop , go to applications, remove the application or applications causing the error,

Select Update

Your device will now update then reboot, this might take over ten minutes, be patient

This will work :-)

My Device: Pearl 9100
My Carrier: Bmobile

HI, what is the purpose of vendor.xml???