09-09-2012 05:48 PM
I'm trying to update my 9900 from 7.0.0 Bundle 2406 to new 7.1.0 Bundle 1133 but it keeps on telling me that my BB is up to date! What should I do to get past this? Thinking of down grading OS and then trying to update again.
FYI: My wife's BB is on 7.0.0 Bundle 2259 and gives the option to update to new version.
09-09-2012 05:56 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
If you are attempting this directly on the device ("wireless update"), then I recommend you STOP...that method of update can be dangerous. It takes an on-device backup of your data, from which it restores when the update completes...unless anything goes wrong, in which case that on-device backup is lost forever. Risky. Plus, the on device update is controlled by your mobile service provider...if they have not yet decided to support an OS package on your specific BB model, then it will not be available to you OTA. But, via other means, you can overcome both of these issues...
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Don't forget to backup.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!