Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Anne_Dockeray
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Bold 9900 - Upgrade Error when trying to Sync Contacts

Upgraded to 9900 Bold, did have my email running on my phone, tried to sync contacts, when I went back in I received this error and it keeps repeating therefore the application is loaded but I am not receiving any emails.  Your device encountered a problemwith this application's server, Select OK & repeat Action

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Bold 9900 - Upgrade Error when trying to Sync Contacts

Where are you syncing contacts from?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Anne_Dockeray

I had created a backup on a stick, using my old sim card, i thought i was backing up that when i went to sync from phone through balckberry software this error appeared. I then tried to sync using the icon on the phone and I still got this error, and that is when the emails stop coming through to my phone.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You lost me. It sounds like there are two problems here.

1. Email is not coming to the device.
2. Contacts will not sync.

Can you elaborate? What email service are you using? Is it corporate mail or personal Internet mail (Gmail, Yahoo, hotmail, etc.)

Are you trying to sync with Outlook on a PC or are you trying to sync with a cloud service like Gmail, carrier contact sync, etc.?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Anne_Dockeray

Contacts never did sync, only the ones that I have in there manually, emails are no longer coming in.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Anne_Dockeray

I had loaded my hotmail account to the phone which was working, when I tried to sync contacts from old sim - which is in the phone is when i had difficulty. I tried the backup and that didn't work giving me the error.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Anne_Dockeray

Do you have any recommendations, it has been awhile since i have heard anything.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

You need to use the sim card that has your current cellular plan on it. Using an old sim card will disconnect your device from the cellular network. Put the working sim card in the device.

Your contacts are likely not stored on the sim card anyway. What kind of phone did you have prior to the 9900?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Anne_Dockeray

Thanks I will try that

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Anne_Dockeray