Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Bold 9900 - Upgrade Error when trying to Sync Contacts

Yes. Go ahead and make the backup of that device. Your contacts are still on it, right?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Anne_Dockeray
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

not going to believe this but contacts are on YEAH step 1 done

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

If there is anything else you want off of the device you can restore it the same way.

Now, for the email.

Use the search icon in the upper right corner of the device underneath your signal bars. In that search bar type "setup email". Select the icon that comes up for that.

Is your email address listed in there?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Anne_Dockeray

when i use the search icon ii selected the icon and it comes up withemail setup application as 1 item and email setup help as 2nd item

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Click on email setup application.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Anne_Dockeray

displays my email address - ask for password - keyed in password selected synchoronize, error message appears: your device encountered a problem with this application's server.  Select OK and repeat the action to try again.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

From that same menu can you hit the menu key and select "Service Books"? Then hit "Send Service Books"
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Anne_Dockeray

So does this mean I wait for them to respond back to me?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

No, that will automatically resend the email service books to your device that make the email work. Send the service books then give it another try.

You might want to try removing the email account from the email setup application and adding it back again.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

If neither of those solutions works then you may need to give Rogers a call and have them see if they can get it working from their end.
Please use plain text.