Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Jaroin
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Bold 9900 Will not switch on

I had a Blackberry bold 9900 which suffered an irrecoverable crash in December last year. Orange sent me a replacement. Last night, I went to get my phone and tried switching it on with the button at the top. It didn't come on. The phone would only reboot to 70%. I read on a forum to remove the battery and sim card and reinsert. The phone does not come on at all now. I've tried charging with/without battery, with/without sim card. I've tried everything on the internet. all my contacts are on the phone, I assumed this would be safe as it was supposed to do a regular back up. 2 questions. Is there a fix for the phone, if not, how do I access these backups that the phone was doing?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Bold 9900 Will not switch on

Hi Jaroin

Welcome to the Community

Please try to start your device on Safe Mode,and if that work you had to recall if you had made any changes within your device like installing any application if yes Uninstall them if device allows safe mode.

KB17877  How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jaroin

Hi. I did try this, and I held the escape key down for about 3 minutes with no activity. the actual red light doesn't come on, yet the battery did have some power in it. I haven't installed any new apps for about 4 months or so.

Is there a way to rectify this, and is there a way to access these backups the phone did sometimes?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Jaroin

If you are unable to start your device on safe mode then I doubt you can Access your backup,But you can follow this Knowledge Base and try recover your Device.

KB10144 : How to Force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

But your Data will lost while performing this step.

Please try it and let us know.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jaroin

I thought the back up was done automatically though? And that it was stored on the blackberry servers not on the phone?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Jaroin

No Backup is your own duty but If you had used BlackBerry Protect to do your Backup then yes Login to BlackBerry protect to see if any backup are there,but that data will only restored back to a BlackBerry device not other.You should have used BlackBerry desktop Software also to do a regular Backup.

Prince

Please use plain text.
KayteeBerry
My Device: Smartphone Blackberry Bold 9900

Hello,

I've come across the same problem except that mine refused to switch on after I've plugged it to my laptop.

The screen is white and all it's telling me is that I should reload the software, which is what I did. Still it won't turn on or even connect to my Desktop Software... I really don't know what to do about it.

Does anyone have a suggestion ?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

KayteeBerry wrote : 

I've come across the same problem except that mine refused to switch on after I've plugged it to my laptop.

The screen is white and all it's telling me is that I should reload the software, which is what I did. Still it won't turn on or even connect to my Desktop Software... I really don't know what to do about it.

Does anyone have a suggestion ?

Hi KayteeBerry

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Remove any media card from the device and as your device is not detected you had to force the detection of your device using application loader to load the OS. Have you tried the Knowledge Base article KB10144 posted above.If not try it and see if that helps.

Prince

Please use plain text.