Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
oStRicH-EgReT
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: TELKOMSEL

Bold 9900 - Won't Power ON and the Full Replacement Warranty has been changed to Might be Replaced.

[ Edited ]

Hello my BlackBerry Bold 9900 ( i bought it on 10 / 25 / 2012 ) suddenly won't charge and power on ( 1 / 20 / 2013 ), i've tried to replace the battery but no luck, so i went to Selular Shop - Blackberry Expert Center. ( I bought it from Selular Shop Indonesia ).

The technician said that it might be IC Power issues, and what really dissapoint me are :
1. When i went to Blackberry Expert Center, the technician wasn't there, so i wait about 3 HOURS  until he came back.

2. After waiting for about 3 HOURS, he said that it need 3 WEEKS to process the claim.

3. He also said that the FULL REPLACEMENT is just a PROBABILITY, so they only give full replacement if they can't fix my blackberry. Before i bought my BlackBerry they promised me an immidiate replacement. ( 2-YEARS FULL REPLACEMENT WARRANTY ).

4. They said they have no Bold 9900 White in stock, but before i tell them about my broken Bold 9900 i pretend to bought a Bold 9900 white they said they had it in stock.

I really dissapointed in Selular Shop and BlackBerry RIM, since i've persuaded my clients to contact me with BBM and now i can't contact my clients and my clients can't contact me either for 3 WEEKS and if it broken again i must lost contact in 3 WEEKS again ?

Oh ya and i also have a Playbook 64GB ( Distributor : TAM Indonesia ) and have a serious issue, when charging the playbook the touch screen become crazy, it become so inaccurate and unusable ( i've upgrade the os to the latest one but the error still there - i haven't claim my warranty for this one ).

BlackBerry 10 launch is really near, and i was very enthusiastic to connect my game center softwares to BlackBerry devices, but this incident is really dissapointing.

I need your help to resolve this quickly so i can keep in touch with my clients as soon as possible.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Bold 9900 - Won't Power ON and the Full Replacement Warranty has been changed to Might be Replaced.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As a user-to-user community, no one here can answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. RIM provides zero front line support to end users, including warranty...all support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into RIM at no charge to the end user. Further, this forum is not a channel for any formal communications with, support from, nor escalation to RIM for anything whatsoever.

So, your escalation path is not here, in these forums. Rather, it is through your current service center...even if you are unhappy with their support so far...you must escalte with them, to their management/ownership. Contractually, you have no free path by which to bypass them.

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

There also might be some good reading here:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
oStRicH-EgReT

Re: Bold 9900 - Won't Power ON and the Full Replacement Warranty has been changed to Might be Replaced.

Thank you for your reply sdgardne,

I really love blackberry in hardware and software design, os 10, bbm. but the durability of its hardware is so dissapointing.

My 7+ years Nokia 7610 still works great till now, and my other blackberry devices too, except my n900 that have sim card and shutter camera button issue.

Even though i really unhappy about their support, i hope bb 10 wil be different, better devices and they can provide more supports.

as for the contract, i didn't sign anything when i bought it. they didn't give me a contract and when i asked about full replacement warranty, they said something like this : "if your blackberry is broken, bring it here and we'll give full replacement."

i'll try to find rim email now.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

oStRicH-EgReT wrote:
as for the contract, i didn't sign anything when i bought it. they didn't give me a contract and when i asked about full replacement warranty, they said something like this : "if your blackberry is broken, bring it here and we'll give full replacement."

Well that is a shame...verbal contracts may or may not be binding, but it will vary by the jurisdiction. Further, some jurisdictions will have different consumer protection laws than others...and those will likewise be binding. Further, you may not have had to "sign" anything in order to enter into a contract...you should check over all of the documentation you received at your time of purchase. In any eventyour device-level service and support will start at your place of purchase...for no one else was involved in that transaction.

oStRicH-EgReT wrote:

i'll try to find rim email now.

Why? As I said, RIM provides no front-line support or service, so your first step is, as you indicated, your place of purchase.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
oStRicH-EgReT

------------------------
sdgardne wrote:

Why? As I said, RIM provides no front-line support or service, so your first step is, as you indicated, your place of purchase.

Good luck!
------------------------

To notify RIM about this case and ask about their bb 10 devices, will it be still like this if ( just in case ) it still got durability issues.

About blackberry, i love it but i hate. it's so complicated.

Thank you for your reply and clarificaton.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Oh...OK, well good luck with that!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.